Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   Touring Models (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touring-models-11/)
-   -   Just cant decide on which wheels! (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touring-models/647247-just-cant-decide-on-which-wheels.html)

PistonPuller 05-25-2011 10:24 AM

Just cant decide on which wheels!

Man so many to choose from. I am leaning towards contrast wheel because I really like chrome and black. But some of the chrome ones are sweet too. Any pics of the contrast cut with a chrome front end? Also not sure about the 18/18 or 21/17 combo. I also cant believe how expensive bike wheels have become.

traveler 05-25-2011 10:28 AM

I agree....the cost for wheels is ridiculous.

As for contrast or not...I think it kind of depends on the bike. I'm trying to keep alot of the black on mine.

~Joe

rg_dave 05-25-2011 11:18 AM

I went with chrome because:
1. I have lots of chrome on my bike.
2. Its easier to polish than contrast.

Have lots of pics in my profile. Oh yeah 21/17.

BadX 05-25-2011 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by SG_Dave (Post 8368284)
2. Its easier to polish than contrast.

What makes it harder to polish contrast wheels? I personally like contrast because I don't have to polish them.

slothy 05-25-2011 11:36 AM

renegade now offers the contrast cut in black and polished, so its shiney

rg_dave 05-25-2011 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by BadX (Post 8368303)
What makes it harder to polish contrast wheels? I personally like contrast because I don't have to polish them.

The shiny part of the contrast is just the bare aluminum, at least it was when I was looking at them. Some have a coating, some do not. Eventually the aluminum gets tarnished just like the stock wheel. That was a pain for me with the stock wheels. Granted that was not the main driver for me. I really wanted chrome. I also have never owned contast cut wheels. I was just going by what was shared with me by folks I talked to when I was shopping. I have a buddy that has a set of contrast cut wheels fro Hog Pro and they look fantastic and he loves them.

MoChrome 05-25-2011 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by PistonPuller (Post 8368078)
Man so many to choose from. I am leaning towards contrast wheel because I really like chrome and black. But some of the chrome ones are sweet too. Any pics of the contrast cut with a chrome front end? Also not sure about the 18/18 or 21/17 combo. I also cant believe how expensive bike wheels have become.

You might consider the HD Agitator wheels. They are nice wheels for the money, especially if you order them from one of the 20% off dealers. They are available in chrome and also contrast chrome. Either would look good on your bike. I went with the chrome version, 18" rear / 19" front and really like them.

DuraGlide 05-25-2011 12:27 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Black bikes need chrome wheels. Might be too much black, depending on the wheel. Go with 21/17- if you are going to spend that much it may as well look good too.

captainjack 05-25-2011 12:38 PM

IMO your bike would look better with chrome wheels, and definately 21/17, can't believe how much better my bike looks with this new stance

pit1600 05-25-2011 01:22 PM

21" chrome wheels looks better for me. I had the same problem but i went to chrome and don't regret it especially when it's shinny weather...