Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Install of Vance and Hines power duals

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2016, 06:03 AM
Watch Guy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default I actually bought mine right here on the forum

from a guy in Nevada. He shipped them up to Canada for me for which I was grateful, because the price was good. What he told me was it was really important that when buying these things, you have to be sure they're the ones for your exact model year. I can't understand why some guys have had them bottoming out on the curves. So many have had no issues at all. It would be interesting to know why a few riders have had the problems.

Old 10-17-2016, 06:29 PM
ejwmiller
Tourer
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I've had them on my bike since day 1. And if the heat shields ever get scraped like that the right floorboard will be broken off. I ride extremely aggressive and have never had them scrape. I drag the hell out of the floorboards all the time. But that exhaust hasn't even come close. Been on the dragon no problem. That's the tail and the back of the dragon. Paint bank va. bent mountain va. Not saying it can't happen. But if it happened to me on my 16 sgs it would be totaled. But it looks to me like it does happen, just cant understand how.

Old 10-18-2016, 12:37 AM
RG Pilot
Road Warrior
Received 275 Likes on 204 Posts

My heat shields don't come close to hitting either. My floor boards will hit first on both sides. The fit and finish of these pipes are spectacular.

Old 10-18-2016, 01:01 AM
Adventure Nut
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Power Duels were no problem with scraping

I put Power Duels on my 2016 Road King about 3 months ago and put roughly 1500 miles on them in that time. It took me between 4-5 hours and some mild swearing. I was working in an underground parking garage with less than ideal lighting.

I must say, I have never come close to scraping them and ended up scraping my floorboards instead on the tight mountain curves here in California. I am trying to understand why a few people are scraping up the crossover pipes. Would the suspension set up be incorrect (improper pre-load) on your bikes?

I feel bad for the ones who messed up their pipes and hope you all made it out safe. I hope somebody gets to the bottom of this before someone gets hurt or killed.

Piece and safe travels out there,

Lenny

Old 10-18-2016, 05:29 AM
TheGrandPoohBah
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,524 Likes on 1,421 Posts

Originally Posted by '14 Limited
My heat shields don't come close to hitting either. My floor boards will hit first on both sides. The fit and finish of these pipes are spectacular.
Same here.
Could not make mine scrape. Power Duals rule!
2011 Road King Classic.

Old 10-18-2016, 03:08 PM
micmoren
Tourer
Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts

I installed them a couple of weeks back on my 2015 Road King. I don't ride agressively (never scraped a floor board), so I don't think I will have any issue with them. However, since I installed them, I have noticed quite a bit of vibration at lower speeds on both floorboards. I went back and checked all fasteners, tightening down those that had come loose after the first couple of shake out runs. Do others have this same vibration on their feet? Thanks.

Michael

Old 10-18-2016, 04:03 PM
RG Pilot
Road Warrior
Received 275 Likes on 204 Posts

Originally Posted by micmoren
I installed them a couple of weeks back on my 2015 Road King. I don't ride agressively (never scraped a floor board), so I don't think I will have any issue with them. However, since I installed them, I have noticed quite a bit of vibration at lower speeds on both floorboards. I went back and checked all fasteners, tightening down those that had come loose after the first couple of shake out runs. Do others have this same vibration on their feet? Thanks.

Michael
I didn't get any vibration at all after installing mine but I've heard that sometimes if one of the head pipes is touching any part of the frame, this can happen. Not specific to any brand of header either.

The following users liked this post:
micmoren (10-19-2016)
Old 10-19-2016, 09:45 AM
Whodey
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by micmoren

Michael

This was happening on my right side. The washer supplied to move to boards out more wasn't quite wide enough so was still touching the bottom of cutout area.

Old 10-20-2016, 07:12 AM
Watch Guy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default sed the 1" spacer kit for the boards, provided by a dealer here

Originally Posted by Whodey
This was happening on my right side. The washer supplied to move to boards out more wasn't quite wide enough so was still touching the bottom of cutout area.
The name slips me now as it has been a few years but I'm sure a search would reveal them.

Old 11-10-2021, 07:34 PM
mike canuk
Novice
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I believe, if you are not going to use the O2 sensors.... And you are blocking off your bung holes.....you have to send a value back to your ECM.....Which would be a 1K ohm resister, on each plug ( black & gray)....or a fault code would appear....Hope this might help.....

Quick Reply: Install of Vance and Hines power duals