Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Whats best for more light on front of Road Glide

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2011, 01:51 PM
mikeshog
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

for those still interested, I went with the Hyper Lights--small 2" LED's, total of about 12 on a side. Hide's well against the ford on the front fender and is quite noticable "blue/white) light. Nothing against Moto or Kuryakyn but i really didn't want to clutter up the front end any more than I had to. Will try the Hyper's out for a while and I can always change out to the hyper if I want more light. Thanks for all the reply's.

Old 06-12-2011, 03:52 PM
skootchnc
Grand HDF Member

Received 449 Likes on 244 Posts

I run the HD fog lamps, mounted them on the engine guard.
Moto-Lights... while spendy, work well. If you're handy, you can get basic "P-clamps" and mount ant number of fog/driving lamps onto the guards

Old 06-12-2011, 04:25 PM
Road Hawg
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I am running HIDs from DM tuning and I love them. FYI on my RG I was having trouble with both lights firing when I started the bike I went threw a few ballasts with motorcycle metal, then I hooked up the acc switch to my head lights so I can turn them on after the bike was running no issues since then, I think the two bulbs take just a little more amps then a single bulb so they don't always fire.

Old 06-12-2011, 09:29 PM
houstonhdguy
Road Warrior
Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by mikeshog
for those still interested, I went with the Hyper Lights--small 2" LED's, total of about 12 on a side. Hide's well against the ford on the front fender and is quite noticable "blue/white) light. Nothing against Moto or Kuryakyn but i really didn't want to clutter up the front end any more than I had to. Will try the Hyper's out for a while and I can always change out to the hyper if I want more light. Thanks for all the reply's.
Post up a pic of your new light set up if you get a chance. Would like to see how it looks.

Thanks

Old 06-13-2011, 03:57 AM
bklynbob
Grand HDF Member
Received 530 Likes on 376 Posts

You can rewire your lights w/ a relay kit more current= more light

www.easternbeaver.com

Old 06-14-2011, 07:08 PM
roadglidenut
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

You can also get fork mounted lights that turn when you turn the handlebars. I took the "engine guard" lights and mounted them off of my floorboard brackets for a ceaner look-however I found that I was scrapping them on hard turns. They also make an add-a -light to where the blinker mounts so you have the blinker and the add'tl light in the same mounting location.
GL

Originally Posted by mikeshog
Have added LED bulbs to the stock headlights but need to keep them on high to be seen. I want to add light but not too excided about adding to the engine guard. What other options have people used to get better visability?

thanks,
mike