Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any downsides to a painted inner fairing (11 Ultra Ltd).

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2011, 05:07 AM
wkl2546
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Painted inner fairing

Here's a pic of mine (2011 FLHTK).....

Attached Thumbnails Any downsides to a painted inner fairing (11 Ultra Ltd).-dadpics-8feb11-003.jpg  
Old 06-02-2011, 04:49 PM
FloridaFLHX
Road Master
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by tidbit1
I am considering having mine done. A guy post on Craigslist in Daytona,St.Augustine,Jacksonville that he will sell and install a factory color for $300.00. Says he can do an install in an hour. If you are going to Bike week or Biketoberfest may be worth looking at. I will check him out this Oct.
I used this guy. He did a GREAT job. Fairing still looks awesome 18 months later. He was in Orlando on business, so he came to me, changed my fairing in about an hour and ten minutes. Made a mistake and brought a fairing for a pre-TBW bike (has a hole for the throttle cable I didn't need). Insisted on making it right. Took my original fairing, painted it, and met me again to put the right one on. Changed a broken fairing bracket for me, too. Straight-up guy. Does good work. I recommend him to my friends, and would DEFINITELY do business with him again.

Old 01-14-2012, 06:36 AM
masterblaster
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 258 Likes on 100 Posts

Do you have contact for this guy?

Originally Posted by FloridaFLHX
I used this guy. He did a GREAT job. Fairing still looks awesome 18 months later. He was in Orlando on business, so he came to me, changed my fairing in about an hour and ten minutes. Made a mistake and brought a fairing for a pre-TBW bike (has a hole for the throttle cable I didn't need). Insisted on making it right. Took my original fairing, painted it, and met me again to put the right one on. Changed a broken fairing bracket for me, too. Straight-up guy. Does good work. I recommend him to my friends, and would DEFINITELY do business with him again.

Old 01-14-2012, 06:57 AM
jamesroadking
Road Warrior
Received 152 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by Reverend
I'd avoid him like the plague!

If he can supply & fit for that money, somethings not right somewhere..
That guy did my about 6 months back in Flame Blue did a outstanding job, called him up, gave him the color code, a week later he showed up at my place and swapped the painted one out with my original in about an hours time. Hell of nice guy, fast worker, right tools with him, paint job is beautiful, all in one hour.

Old 01-14-2012, 09:30 AM
RAP
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Thumbs up

JC TURBO......Wow, that is a beauty. Nice two tone scheme to go with the bike.

Old 01-14-2012, 09:34 AM
rocknrod
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Primo
Only downside would be having to constantly field praises for the improved look of the gauge bearing area.

Glare has not been a problem for me ever. Surfaces are pretty vertical for the most part so there is very little reflection if any at all.

As for color, if you can swing it I'd either have the painter do a combo of both colors proportionate to their surface area on the rest of the bike or if cost is an issue I'd go with the less prominent color and use it on the inner almost as an accent color.

(See my sig pic below for a different way to go. Inner fairing is all I had painted with the skull motif)
Ditto - No issues

Old 01-14-2012, 11:26 AM
mike_oh
Road Master
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

I have a gloss black painted inner and love it. I wish though that I had got the inner in silver to match my 03 anniversary edition ultra...

Old 01-14-2012, 12:46 PM
JC Turbo
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RAP
JC TURBO......Wow, that is a beauty. Nice two tone scheme to go with the bike.

Thank-you! I wanted it to flow with the outer fairing. It's unique, and so far nobody else has theirs painted like mine.

Here is the finished product

Please excuse the missing heat shield

Last edited by JC Turbo; 01-14-2012 at 05:36 PM.
Old 01-14-2012, 01:14 PM
coolerman69
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by tidbit1
I am considering having mine done. A guy post on Craigslist in Daytona,St.Augustine,Jacksonville that he will sell and install a factory color for $300.00. Says he can do an install in an hour. If you are going to Bike week or Biketoberfest may be worth looking at. I will check him out this Oct.

Ride safe
Not sayin he cant do it but I'd like to watch him do one in an hour!

Old 01-14-2012, 01:18 PM
coolerman69
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by wkl2546
Here's a pic of mine (2011 FLHTK).....
Thats the clearest shield ive ever seen!

Quick Reply: Any downsides to a painted inner fairing (11 Ultra Ltd).