Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   Touring Models (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touring-models-11/)
-   -   So wifey says...what if you bought a new Ultra? (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touring-models/653780-so-wifey-says-what-if-you-bought-a-new-ultra.html)

Notgrownup 06-11-2011 05:30 PM

So wifey says...what if you bought a new Ultra?

So we are riding down the road today and the wife says...so what's your payment on the bike, i tell her... she says so how much would a new ultra or road glide ultra cost more??? So i say well maybe $50 more a month,,,My bike is a 07 Electra Glide classic with 60000 miles on it i owe some on it....a lot of work has gone into it....i am gonna look into getting a new 2011 bike but i can keep my bike for a couple more years....will be paid for get a new engine??? Damn...when Mama tells you you can do something like that you have some options...plus she told me too that i can sell her bike to help either fiance the new bike or use on a down payment on a new vehicle.....Wher the hell will i go....I have some thinkin to do...Goin to the dealer tomorrow to talk it over with my salesman...he shoots straight too so he won't bulshit me in doin something i don't want to do...

lifecast 06-11-2011 05:37 PM

Dont trade her in!

The wife that is, shes a good one!

Id say do it, the new frames are awesome. Night and Day. The new Roadglide Ultra is nice, I like my 11 Ultra Classic better though. Im not sold on the fugly's yet. Maybe when I get closer to 40's. Im only 30.

Stiggy 06-11-2011 05:43 PM

Just get ready to sell yours on the street because the dealer is going to use the 2 evil words, "excessive milage." Most of the used bike buyers on his floor will look for 20,000 or less. ( 5,000 a year as a rule.)

Dew Me 06-11-2011 05:49 PM

Trade her bike in? Does that mean she thought she would ride her bike with you instead of two-up so it just sits? Or that she doesn't have time or interest in riding by herself anymore? Do you ever ride her bike for a change of pace?

Do you keep any of your original parts? Maybe you could swap some stuff out b4 trading your bike in and then put it on the new ride? Or if you know the salesmen well enough could you possess both rides long enough to swap out parts you want to retain?

97WG 06-11-2011 05:49 PM

Go for the Ultra Limited and don't give up until you get one, you only live once , so live a little.

RalphDBS 06-11-2011 05:50 PM

So buy a new speed-o from sleaze bay then trade it in

KWC6 06-11-2011 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by 97WG (Post 8441067)
Go for the Ultra Limited and don't give up until you get one, you only live once , so live a little.

I got the 2011 ultra limited and love it.

speakerfritz 06-11-2011 07:02 PM

nice story, thanks for sharing. I wouldn't sell the lady's bike. definitely sell your bike on your own....I have an 07 ultra with 9000 miles which is paid for and put IDS, parade fan, stage 1 , SE 4" slip ons, oil cooler on it. dealer wanted to offer me 60% of book so that he could have some room to work with on the next customer.

jmacdonald5 06-11-2011 07:36 PM

..I would wait until you see what 2012 brings...kind of close now to be doing any dealing...

Notgrownup 06-11-2011 07:37 PM

Thing is my dealer offered me 11800 about 3 months ago>????? i f=igure i can get about 3k for th wifes bike/....