Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Short rider what seat

Old 06-27-2011, 08:39 PM
DaBoog
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Short rider what seat

I purchased a 2009 Electra with street glide fenders and fairing, and seat. The seat is way too wide and tall making for me in need of a new low profile narrower seat. I have been looking at c and c seats and am impressed, however I do not like the look of there forward seat as much as there stock seat they produce. The forward seat is 16" long where the stock is 18" long.I am 5'6" anyone out there have any experience with this issue? I would hate to put out a grand just to find I bought a seat that is too long

Old 06-27-2011, 09:09 PM
Dionicio
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I am 5'6" also. I went with the HD Reach Seat on My Ultra. Could'nt be happier.

Old 06-27-2011, 09:18 PM
Chunker
Road Warrior
Received 65 Likes on 46 Posts

Put the Mustang low down and like it but it does seem to move me forward a bit. If I sit back the seating is much better so I am adding the Wild-1 575 bars next week, 2.75" pull-back.

Old 06-27-2011, 09:20 PM
Oldman Harley
Road Captain

5'6" here also and I too have the HD reach seat. It will get your feet on the ground however I do believe you give up a little bit of comfort compared to the stock seat on my 08 Ultra. I have gotten used to it so it's really not a big deal comfort wise over the stocker.

Old 06-27-2011, 09:26 PM
vistavette
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 183 Likes on 129 Posts

What is your inseam? For 2010 and later HD made a change to the UC seats and they are stamped at the bottom with the word "LOW". This seat is a bit more narrow and lower than the original '09 seat ( and the seat you have). From there you can also have Mean City Cycles redo the foam to bring your legs in a bit and move your riding position. The Reach or Super Reduced Reach is an option but as others have said you give up some comfort. I personally found the Reach locked me up against the tank so I sold it. I have a 30" inseam and the stock 2010 + "Low" seat works well for me.

Old 06-27-2011, 09:29 PM
Mixter
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Saddlemen pro tour slammed. Awesome seat!

Old 06-27-2011, 10:20 PM
smithbrl
Road Warrior
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

I have a 29" inseam and had the Reach seat. It put me plenty low enough but pushed me forward too much. I couldn't slide back because of the way the seat is built. I would always slide forward up to the tank. I got some thick sole/heel boots and the Sundowner Deep Bucket Seat 2 weeks ago and so far I'm very happy with it. It's very comfortable for me and the wife. It's a little wide for me but I do OK. I may get the sides shaved a little. Got to be real careful about where I park. I can back the bike up pretty good on flat ground but it's a real biotch backing uphill.

Old 06-28-2011, 10:02 AM
vistavette
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 183 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by smithbrl
I have a 29" inseam and had the Reach seat. It put me plenty low enough but pushed me forward too much. I couldn't slide back because of the way the seat is built. I would always slide forward up to the tank. I got some thick sole/heel boots and the Sundowner Deep Bucket Seat 2 weeks ago and so far I'm very happy with it. It's very comfortable for me and the wife. It's a little wide for me but I do OK. I may get the sides shaved a little. Got to be real careful about where I park. I can back the bike up pretty good on flat ground but it's a real biotch backing uphill.
It's a problem backing a 1,000lbs of bike/rider/stuff up a hill no matter how tall you are!

Old 06-28-2011, 11:55 AM
stafford
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've got a 30" inseam and was always kinda tip toeing my 06 RK. the 09's are taller than the earlier bikes. I put 12" shocks on it and a C & C solo, Now I reach the ground easily. I have heritage bars on it and I really need some with just a little more pull back, but I've probably put 30,000 miles on this set up so it's working pretty good for me.

Old 06-28-2011, 12:08 PM
locodude
Road Captain

I ride an 09 ultra andI just got the super reach seat a couple of weeks ago, used it about a thousand miles so far and love it. It's not quite as plush as the stock but the stability experienced by being able to put both feet firmly on the ground is worth the trade off.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Short rider what seat