Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How to Get Cheapest Rate for XM Subscription?

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2011, 10:26 PM
PistonPuller
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by drspencer
I should have mentioned that I'm presently not a XM subscriber.

Any suggestions on how to get a new subscription at a discounted rate?

Thanks
Call them up. Bet they give you a free 3 month trail. Then when that is up, call to cancel and they will offer the cheap rates. My wife called about it on her car, since I had it on mine. They said everyone is eligible for a trail subscription.

Old 07-08-2011, 11:26 PM
Potato_Potato
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yes, like others have said, call and say you want to cancel - the economy sucks you got to cut back, etc. They will likely transfer you to the Business Retention Department. The person you speak to there will make you an offer to keep your business. Keep in mind that they have those billion dollar satellites orbiting the earth and it does not cost them anymore to let you receive the signal. They are better off getting something per month / year than nothing.

I have done this twice and it was lower each time. I don't remember the cost because I pay it every six months or a year or something.

But don't stop there - call you cable company and do the same thing. I am on my second round with them and I do remember the figures because I just did it a week ago. My cable / Internet bill increased a little to $180. I called and said this is crazy, my cable bill is starting to look like a mortgage payment I want to cancel. They transferred me and the guy I spoke to reduced it to $130 for the next six months - I made $300 by making a 5 minute phone call is how I look at it. At the end of the call he said call back in six months to see what we can do for you.