Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

just finished fuelmoto stave 1 install.

Old 07-13-2011, 05:35 PM
Beechnut
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default just finished fuelmoto stave 1 install.

Breaking in the pipes and the bike sounds great!

All in all is was manageable job for a rookie like me. Once I got over the initial jitters of taking apart my new Ultra Limited, (remember my "best way to remove heat shields?" Question?) It went well. I did have to go to the dealer because I destroyed the gaskitt between the pipes and the cross over pipe to the left pipe. That was a $30 fix that was well worth it.

Im headed out into the Rockies tomorrow and look forward to NO pinging and a great running bike!

...and I do wonder about the header gaskitt install. That seemed to FO well but was a little awkward getting the collars seated. How would I tell if I didnt get a good seal and they end up leaking? I'm really noticing every new sound now and trying to be aware of problems.

Old 07-13-2011, 07:23 PM
MI_Jim
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm sure there are better ways of checking for leaks, but I use incense. Just light a stick, get it smoking good & hold it around the area I'm checking. If there's no leak the smoke will rise. A leak makes the smoke blow away. Of course you need to do this inside or on a windless day!

Old 07-13-2011, 08:07 PM
Tombo359
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congratulations on the install. I was a little hesitant to do it myself but it all went well. I had the same problem with the crossover gasket. I am not sure what the secret is to being able to get that apart and reuse the gasket, but I am just glad they had one in stock when I needed it. I would recommend anyone doing the install to just get one in advance and have it on hand. Enjoy the ride.