Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone cut out the baffles on a 2010-11 touring bike?

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2011, 05:53 PM
larry bart
Road Master
Received 289 Likes on 112 Posts
Default Fullsac

Originally Posted by uscanuck
Not sure if just a wide open 4" can would sound very good.

Why not use the Fullsac cores he sells for the stock mufflers? About $200 bucks and you get baffles and an end cap.

I just put some CVO mufflers and added the Fullsac CVO cores. I think it sounds good.
Are you happy with the Fullsac cores?
Are they very loud? (not looking for loud)
Thanks!

Old 07-19-2011, 06:35 PM
SkipCarey
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I cut the baffles out of my 2011 SG 103 it sounded alot better, but I went with some Samson silver bullet drag slipons they are 1 7/8inch(no baffles)much better sound and torque not to loud at idle and medium throttle but they get nasty when you twist the throttle...........but they have no heat shields and the Cat blued the right pipe about two inches past the stock header heat shield but I can live with that...

Old 07-20-2011, 12:54 PM
fishboy
Tourer

Originally Posted by kuma
I thought sounded more like a Vstar Yamaha
not cool

Old 07-25-2011, 08:04 PM
fishboy
Tourer

I cut the baffles out today... I must say that I was pleasantly surprised with the outcome. In my opinion the sound is what I would expect the bike to sound like stock. The best thing of all about this is the exhaust doesn't sound fluffy or farty anymore.

I'll try to get a sound clip soon for you guys. This is exactly what I was wanting. Idle is a little louder and has a deeper, throatier sound. When you crack the throttle it sounds just like a high dollar exhaust in my opinion and with the cruise set at any speed (40-80mph) the exhaust is calm and collect, allowing the radio to blast away clearly. I'm diggin it. Best free mod you can do to the bike.

-fish-

edit: total time to complete was about 45 minutes start to finish. I used a 1 3/4" metal cutting hole saw and a cordless drill. Super easy.

Last edited by fishboy; 07-25-2011 at 08:08 PM.
Old 07-25-2011, 08:18 PM
keneds
Advanced

Originally Posted by fishboy
I cut the baffles out today... I must say that I was pleasantly surprised with the outcome. In my opinion the sound is what I would expect the bike to sound like stock. The best thing of all about this is the exhaust doesn't sound fluffy or farty anymore.

I'll try to get a sound clip soon for you guys. This is exactly what I was wanting. Idle is a little louder and has a deeper, throatier sound. When you crack the throttle it sounds just like a high dollar exhaust in my opinion and with the cruise set at any speed (40-80mph) the exhaust is calm and collect, allowing the radio to blast away clearly. I'm diggin it. Best free mod you can do to the bike.

-fish-

edit: total time to complete was about 45 minutes start to finish. I used a 1 3/4" metal cutting hole saw and a cordless drill. Super easy.
Fish, Can we see some pix of the end of your mufflers? Cat......or no cat?
Thanks!

Old 07-26-2011, 06:16 AM
fishboy
Tourer

Originally Posted by keneds
Fish, Can we see some pix of the end of your mufflers? Cat......or no cat?
Thanks!
Here are some pics... no sound clip yet.

Still running the cat. I see no need to remove it. I like the way she sounds now plus I won't need a re-tune for just cutting out the baffles.

-fish-

Old 07-26-2011, 06:24 AM
traveler
Extreme HDF Member
Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Glad to hear it worked out for you.

If you ever gut the cat, it will be too loud though.

I replaced my muffflers with the Klockwerk Super Savers, and it souded nice and mellow....with the cat gutted, it's still mellow until you get on the throttle, then it's just a hair too loud for my tastes....Not enough to want to spend money to change them....but just saying.....the cat muffles the sound ALOT.

~Joe

Old 07-26-2011, 06:29 AM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,179 Likes on 2,450 Posts

i think you would have been better off removing the cat and leaving the mufflers as is. jmo.

Old 07-26-2011, 05:33 PM
keneds
Advanced

Originally Posted by fishboy
Here are some pics... no sound clip yet.

Still running the cat. I see no need to remove it. I like the way she sounds now plus I won't need a re-tune for just cutting out the baffles.

-fish-
Thanks Fish, Great pix. So just drill the outer edge with the 1 3/4" hole saw and it breaks free huh? I might as well give it a try.

Old 07-27-2011, 08:23 PM
keneds
Advanced

I'm wondering....Has anyone removed the baffles and the cat? What were the results as far as sound goes. I'm considering going this route with a SE intake and a PCv mapped accordingly.

Quick Reply: Anyone cut out the baffles on a 2010-11 touring bike?