Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harley Credit and titles

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2011, 09:14 PM
turnerbend
Road Captain
Received 16 Likes on 3 Posts

I never had a problem getting a title. Always pay cash when I buy.

Old 07-23-2011, 09:28 PM
blarg
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

strange - I just paid off my Buell. It was a 60 month loan and I got it paid off in 2 years. As I made my last payment I called HD to make sure they had my new address since I had moved since buying the bike. They said they already had the new address.

About 2 weeks later my title arrived in the mail. A day later I also got a check from HD credit for 3 bucks and change because paying the last bill before the due date means my interest payment was actually less what was calculated for the payoff balance.

No problems at all....

Old 07-23-2011, 09:52 PM
lh4x4
Extreme HDF Member
Received 929 Likes on 571 Posts

One more reason why I pay cash besides saving all that interest and muscling the dealer into a better price.

I do things to avoid life's little aggravation's.

Old 07-23-2011, 11:37 PM
karbar99
Club Member

Originally Posted by lh4x4
One more reason why I pay cash besides saving all that interest and muscling the dealer into a better price.I do things to avoid life's little aggravation's.
Must be nice!

Can still say "what's the cash price" to the dealer and write a check that's backed by "your" lender. No difference!

My dad told us kids once you should never borrow money on anything other than your house. Well that's kinda hard to do but I would say live within your means though.

Old 07-24-2011, 03:16 AM
zfdtruckman
Cruiser

I have to agree with a couple posts. Cash is King. Wrote the dealer a check, got the original certificate of origin, took it to the IL DMV, paid my sales tax, got my Illinois title in about 4 days.

Old 07-24-2011, 04:16 AM
2WheelGlider
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by lh4x4
One more reason why I pay cash besides saving all that interest and muscling the dealer into a better price.

I do things to avoid life's little aggravation's.

That is not a totally accurate statment. Cash buyers have less leverage than buyers financing through HD. Each dealer is graded on "participation" or percent of bikes sold that are financed through HD and when you finance through them they have some additional areas of potential profit. Buyers paying cash or using outside funding sources do not allow them those additional oppurtunities making cash buyers less attractive to financing customers. So what are you actually "holding" over their head and how does that allow you to muscle a better price?

Old 07-24-2011, 08:35 AM
J.L.
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Michigan gives you a title when you buy a bike, car, truck etc. A lien holder, if their is one is listed on the title and when you pay off the loan you get a short letter that says the lien is released which you keep with the title so that when you sell or trade the title is transferred with no problems. After several years, (I am not sure how many) the lien is automatically released if it has not been renewed.

J.L.