Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Yaffe Monkey Bars

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2011, 03:32 PM
Orange Crush 2011
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Yaffe Monkey Bars

Whats the deal? It seems like no matter where I look and try to find a set they are back ordered. I've had a set of chrome 12" MBB's on order thru my dealer since the first of May with Custom Chrome and the back order date has been changed 3 times. First it was June 13th, then July 6th, and now its August 29th, and I'm sure it'll get changed again once that date comes around. Since my dealer originally placed the order I've only been able to find one place that had them in stock and that was American Classic Motors but my dealer wouldnt buy thru them because they don't have a account set up with them. If I went a head and bought them then the dealer wouldnt run all the cables for free when I bought the bike, I had to buy the bars thru them in order to have all the labor be free.
So I'm kinda stuck but its better than having the bars but paying a nice chunk of money to have them installed. Since the original order was placed they have agreed that I could choose a different set of bars to put on the bike now or just keep waiting on the Bagger bars. At first I said no that those are the bars I want and I'll just keep waiting but now its starting to get redicilous. It'll be over 4 months if it goes to the back order date now. Before you know its going to be fall then winter and then I'll be stuck getting them put on in the spring time almost a year after I bought the bike and paid for the bars. I've been thinking about going with the LA Choppers Prime Apes or something else but I'm just not sure if I'll be happy.
Has anyone body else been waiting this longer or had to wait this long for a set of Bagger Bars? Or does anyone have a order in with Custom Chrome for a set of Bagger Bars, if so how long you been waiting?
Sorry for the long rant guys, just starting to get impatient and wondered if anyone was in the same boat as me? My only guess is it has to do something with Yaffe.

Old 07-25-2011, 03:57 PM
brnew
Tourer

I waited from Dec. 10, until May 11. They were trying to me to settle for something else also. Not saying anythings wrong with the others,but I preferred the PYO's. After all that waiting for the back order a local (Eastern Performance) had them in stock. Called one day and picked them up the next. Got my refund back, but I had an indy to do the wiring. If you have decided on PYO's , I would wait.....just saying , it's been this long already.

Old 07-25-2011, 04:17 PM
OffiCer909
Intermediate

I shined the Yaffe bars and went with the LA Chopper PrimeApe instead. Basically the same look, no wait. If you just want a bagger bar, CycleSmith has them in stock too. I never would have guessed mini apes were the ticket on a bagger, no matter what you choose its light years more comfy than lame stock bars.

Old 07-25-2011, 06:06 PM
sweatervest
Intermediate

In the past 2 years I ve bought and sold over 10 touring bikes which I did bars on all of them. I never used the Yaffe bar, primarily because of the supply issue. It has been my experience with novelty parts manufacturers both in the automotive and motorcycle industry, if they cant fill the order then someone else will.

Old 07-25-2011, 06:33 PM
LAC187
Former Sponsor

Hey Orange Crush,

We have them in stock, ready to ship. We are offering forum members 15% off if you use the promo code "forum15" (without the quotes) at check out. Here is the link to a special page we designed to help with the ordering process:

http://www.lachoppers.com/primeapes.php

Let us know if you have any questions. Thanks.

Old 07-25-2011, 06:58 PM
RedDogNC
Tourer
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by LAC187
Hey Orange Crush,

We have them in stock, ready to ship. We are offering forum members 15% off if you use the promo code "forum15" (without the quotes) at check out. Here is the link to a special page we designed to help with the ordering process:

Do you have any pictures of the non fairing version on a Road Glide?

Old 07-25-2011, 07:09 PM
LAC187
Former Sponsor

Hey RedDog,

We don't have any pics of them installed on a Road Glide yet. We are going to install some PrimeApes on a Road King tomorrow. We're going to record an installation video as well.

The installation video we shot of the Bagger PrimeApes on an Ultra Standard, is almost finished. WE'll be posting that up later this week.

Let us know if you have any other questions. Thanks.

Old 07-25-2011, 08:03 PM
RedDogNC
Tourer

Hey RedDog,

We don't have any pics of them installed on a Road Glide yet. We are going to install some PrimeApes on a Road King tomorrow. We're going to record an installation video as well.

The installation video we shot of the Bagger PrimeApes on an Ultra Standard, is almost finished. WE'll be posting that up later this week.

My 10" PYO OEM MBB are not long enough for me so at some time I will go 12-13. Your bars look like a breeze to install the wiring into compared to the PYO OEM bars since you a have smooth bend at the bottom and not the extra set of sharks teeth.

Old 07-25-2011, 08:06 PM
mike1158
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Orange Crush,

SO these are only available in one size...13?
what is the width and pull back?

Old 07-25-2011, 08:08 PM
RedDogNC
Tourer

Hey RedDog,

2nd question. Are they notched for the TBW? Can't tell from the ad. Thanks.

Quick Reply: Yaffe Monkey Bars