Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New HD "Premium" touring shocks & fork kit.

Old 07-27-2011, 09:27 PM
sewerwkr
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New HD "Premium" touring shocks & fork kit.

Just checking if anyone has had any experiance with the HD premium shocks that come stock on the 2010-2012 CVO Street Glide and, how they compare to the stock SG air shocks. Thinking about going with the new fork kit and standard height premium shock kit from the Mo Co.

Old 07-28-2011, 01:00 AM
flyingace
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by sewerwkr
Just checking if anyone has had any experiance with the HD premium shocks that come stock on the 2010-2012 CVO Street Glide and, how they compare to the stock SG air shocks. Thinking about going with the new fork kit and standard height premium shock kit from the Mo Co.

HUGE improvement IMHO. (I have the 12"). I bet the 13" are absolutely awesome.

Old 07-28-2011, 03:28 AM
Twinrider
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Thinking about going with the new fork kit and standard height premium shock kit from the Mo Co.
My next mod for sure. I've been using Ohlins on most of my bikes since 1999 but the bang for buck factor on these Moco suspension upgrades is too good to turn down at under $800. And at the end of the day ground clearance limitations will still keep my RK's cornering speeds lower than I'd like no matter how good my suspension is.

Last edited by Twinrider; 07-28-2011 at 03:30 AM.
Old 07-28-2011, 03:49 AM
dbell66253
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I guess I'm one of those people who would rather go with an after market company, I can't understand why if HD is capable of making a great shock, they won't put it on the bike to start. I'm running progressives which is way better than OEM.

Old 07-28-2011, 04:21 AM
Twinrider
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by dbell66253
I can't understand why if HD is capable of making a great shock, they won't put it on the bike to start.
For the same reason why Ford doesn't offer the $3495 SVT handling package on the Shelby 500GT standard. Just about all car/bike makers offer upgrade options and HD is no exception. And you can be sure they're not building them in-house. Probably Showa or another major suspension maker.

Old 07-28-2011, 05:25 AM
dnitram
Road Master

Originally Posted by dbell66253
I guess I'm one of those people who would rather go with an after market company, I can't understand why if HD is capable of making a great shock, they won't put it on the bike to start. I'm running progressives which is way better than OEM.
Same here - Progressive 440's and love 'em.

Old 07-28-2011, 06:39 AM
bobros
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I discussed this with my dealer (who's pretty straight with me). He stated if you're going to upgrade, stay with Progressives. They are a far better product than the new HD premium shocks.

Old 07-28-2011, 08:50 AM
eathomps
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Twinrider
For the same reason why Ford doesn't offer the $3495 SVT handling package on the Shelby 500GT standard. Just about all car/bike makers offer upgrade options and HD is no exception. And you can be sure they're not building them in-house. Probably Showa or another major suspension maker.
The Shelby comes with pretty darn good suspension standard; Harleys don't.

Old 07-28-2011, 09:02 AM
oscarg
Road Captain

Originally Posted by bobros
I discussed this with my dealer (who's pretty straight with me). He stated if you're going to upgrade, stay with Progressives. They are a far better product than the new HD premium shocks.
I had the 440 progressives and went to the cvo street glade premium and the difference is like night and day. The H/D premium have the best ride I have ever had on a bike. And I am not sure why some would prefer a aftermarket even if it MIGHT not be as good just because they were not standard

Old 07-28-2011, 10:55 AM
Twinrider
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by bobros
Seeing how the standard length premium shocks just got released last week, ask him when he had a chance to test them against progressives.

Last edited by Twinrider; 07-28-2011 at 11:07 AM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New HD "Premium" touring shocks & fork kit.