Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

hog tunes speakers review

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2013, 06:14 AM
Notgrownup
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 6,343 Likes on 3,278 Posts

Look at Eastern Performance Cycles...I honestly think that for a $90 upgreade, the HTunes are good bang for the buck...Yeah, you can can spend $400 - $1000 on a stereo upgrade and blow that little HT to smitherenes but for $90...hard to beat...I am really satisfied of the better sound i got with them...i was just looking for speakers i could hear going down the road at 80 mph...

Old 04-06-2013, 07:22 AM
jmacdonald5
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

..this thread has given me some good laughs, that's for sure...some of you must have gotten the "magic" Hog Tunes speakers by mistake when you ordered them...c'mon......I have em..they might be slightly better than the stock ones.did you even LOOK at them when you were pulling out your stock ones and compare?...they are basically the same speaker with a little bigger magnet...at 70 mph they still sound like crap...just like the stock ones did...it's not Hog Tunes fault...it's the weak, lame system they give us to begin with...no real amp, and NO BASS....

Old 04-06-2013, 07:37 AM
NewAge
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Kim, Amazon typically has the best deals.

I have HT in my fairing, 7" woofers in the lowers, their 2 and 4 channel amp and tweeter pod. I'm sold on their stuff. Sounds great and was cheaper than other stuff out there. I think anyone that says their stuff is junk has lost their mind. The magnets are bigger yes, but in no way does it make any negligible difference on the fairing.

Old 04-06-2013, 07:40 AM
Iceman24
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 2,220 Likes on 1,622 Posts

Originally Posted by jmacdonald5
..this thread has given me some good laughs, that's for sure...some of you must have gotten the "magic" Hog Tunes speakers by mistake when you ordered them...c'mon......I have em..they might be slightly better than the stock ones.did you even LOOK at them when you were pulling out your stock ones and compare?...they are basically the same speaker with a little bigger magnet...at 70 mph they still sound like crap...just like the stock ones did...it's not Hog Tunes fault...it's the weak, lame system they give us to begin with...no real amp, and NO BASS....
I must've got the magic set too...my HT's are fine at any speed. Of course, retired USAF w/tinnitus fm being around jets/equipment doesn't help...

Old 04-06-2013, 07:41 AM
Tn.Heritage
Grand HDF Member
Received 183 Likes on 131 Posts

Originally Posted by jmacdonald5
Tell us how you really feel brother!!! But, I'll have to agree with you. Bass sound is hard to carry without a high $ system. I just ordered the amp from HT's to help the distortion at 70mph to which you refer too, hope it helps a little. I got it at a great price from Frank at Direct Cycle Parts for $200.

Old 04-06-2013, 07:51 AM
santajim
Grand HDF Member

Received 324 Likes on 222 Posts

I have the whole HT system, all 4 speakers' tweeter pod, 7" woofers in lowers' 40x4 amp that drive the 4 and tweeter, 70x2 that drive the woofers. At highway speed at less than half volume I have had cages that were passing me slow down and give me a thumbs up for the sound. Do I have thumpin' Bass no but I do have clean clear sound and it rocks. Some time when I get home I think my ears are bleeding

Old 04-06-2013, 07:56 AM
hawwk
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you go on the HT website it will tell you you won't get thumping bass. that's ok with me cause i can hear my radio clearly at highway speeds. Like I said before it's a great upgrade for the $$.

Old 04-06-2013, 07:56 AM
lkr0
Elite HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I had HT speakers - slightly better than stock - replaced with Infinity 6 1/2 Kappas for less cost and significant better sound

Old 04-06-2013, 08:00 AM
NewAge
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Tn.Heritage
Tell us how you really feel brother!!! But, I'll have to agree with you. Bass sound is hard to carry without a high $ system. I just ordered the amp from HT's to help the distortion at 70mph to which you refer too, hope it helps a little. I got it at a great price from Frank at Direct Cycle Parts for $200.
The amp will help a ton. It really is that the stock HK just doesn't pump enough power to the speakers. An amp would even wake up the stock speakers. I would also recommend you do the tweeter pod. By far the best bang for your buck in just that little thing.

Old 04-06-2013, 08:16 AM
ShadowMonster
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you're just looking for a better sound and some more volume as I was looking for the $90 hog tune speaker is a good value IMO.... of course if you want to spend $400-$1000 I'm sure there is always something better, usually is...... but if you're looking for an improved speaker for under $100 you can't go wrong.

Quick Reply: hog tunes speakers review