Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

hog tunes speakers review

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2013, 11:26 AM
JMJOHN
Platinum Sponsor
Received 45 Likes on 41 Posts

even more excellent audio upgrade options here ,,,, http://www.jmcorp.com/Static/harley.htm ,,,,,

Old 04-16-2013, 02:05 PM
jimmers467
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm planning on installing the Hogtunes tweeter pod to not only add a little quality to the sound but also for the looks. I think it fills in that area of fairing perfectly as if it should have always been there.

Old 10-06-2013, 09:58 AM
clatterbark
6th Gear

I've had the big ultra kit plus the rev amp woofer kit installed for a couple of weeks, with 2 day trips in between. No change in the head unit, just the stock radio. When calling HT during installation, he suggested using the 160.4 amp to run the lowers and tour bag speakers, with the 140.2 amp running the fairing speakers. He believed this hookup would provide a better ballance. While it is a bit louder, I'm not exactly thrilled with overall sound. First off, the lowers sound muddy. It's almost as if they are trying to produce sound they are not designed to produce. I don't know if these amps have any filters built in, thereby producing a particular sound when combined with a specific speaker. I was not expecting sub woofer effects but I think 2 regular HT speakers would provide better sound. Just my opinion. As far as the overall sound, while it's louder, the clarity and quality of the sound is lacking. I'm a bit surprised at this finding since the speakers are quite a bit beafier than the stock speakers were. I'm inclined to rewire the amps to match the instructions but I don't know how much better it may sound. I plan to call HT and speak to them, but I'd like to know if anyone else has hooked these two amps up this way, where the 140.2 amp runs the fairing speakers. A friend has the Harley amp with a speaker upgrade and his system sounds much better than mine. His system has two vent holes in his trunk for the rear speakers. I'm not an acoustics expert but his system develops much more bass than mine and his mid range is clearer and much more full. I was expecting my system to sound a bit better than it does. Obviously, I need to do some more work in order to be satisfied with my system.

Last edited by clatterbark; 10-06-2013 at 10:25 AM.
Old 03-29-2014, 10:36 PM
Easyrider60
Stage II

[QUOTE=clatterbark;11843939]I've had the big ultra kit plus the rev amp woofer kit installed for a couple of weeks, with 2 day trips in between. No change in the head unit, just the stock radio. When calling HT during installation, he suggested using the 160.4 amp to run the lowers and tour bag speakers, with the 140.2 amp running the fairing speakers. He believed this hookup would provide a better ballance. While it is a bit louder

Did you get this problem fixed really have been think of do the same thing to my 06 Ultra

Old 03-30-2014, 05:07 AM
Jrsess
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 68 Likes on 62 Posts

ncDan, All that matters , is you like the bang for the buck. Take Care JR

Old 06-19-2014, 10:58 PM
Riveroger
Cruiser
Default Hogtunes sucks

Originally Posted by clatterbark
I've had the big ultra kit plus the rev amp woofer kit installed for a couple of weeks, with 2 day trips in between. No change in the head unit, just the stock radio. When calling HT during installation, he suggested using the 160.4 amp to run the lowers and tour bag speakers, with the 140.2 amp running the fairing speakers. He believed this hookup would provide a better ballance. While it is a bit louder, I'm not exactly thrilled with overall sound. First off, the lowers sound muddy. It's almost as if they are trying to produce sound they are not designed to produce. I don't know if these amps have any filters built in, thereby producing a particular sound when combined with a specific speaker. I was not expecting sub woofer effects but I think 2 regular HT speakers would provide better sound. Just my opinion. As far as the overall sound, while it's louder, the clarity and quality of the sound is lacking. I'm a bit surprised at this finding since the speakers are quite a bit beafier than the stock speakers were. I'm inclined to rewire the amps to match the instructions but I don't know how much better it may sound. I plan to call HT and speak to them, but I'd like to know if anyone else has hooked these two amps up this way, where the 140.2 amp runs the fairing speakers. A friend has the Harley amp with a speaker upgrade and his system sounds much better than mine. His system has two vent holes in his trunk for the rear speakers. I'm not an acoustics expert but his system develops much more bass than mine and his mid range is clearer and much more full. I was expecting my system to sound a bit better than it does. Obviously, I need to do some more work in order to be satisfied with my system.
I have the same setup on my 13 Ultra limited not happy with it. The wife hated the way the rear speaker pods sounded so I contacted HT they suggested add the lowers woofer speakers and run the rear pods from the directly from the HK radio. Then connect the 4 channel 160.4 amp to the faring and lower woofer speakers slight improvement but I plan to replace all of it unless I figure out some thing else to try.

Old 06-23-2014, 11:22 AM
ToplessNYr
2nd Gear
Thumbs down I would most differently not spend it on Hogtunes.

Their product is not reliable, and the service being given by the Hogtunes organization is terrible. At first they sound supportive but once you recieve their product and the time passes and you begin to encounter "so-called" unexpected problems with speakers going out suddenly, amps not working to their full potential or their wires breaking apart because they were poorly constructed and not soldered properly. They blow you off. They might even offer technical assistance and send you something to fix it but it will all be on your dime and your time. - I scraped all my Hogtunes and donated it to goodwill cause I was feed up with all their buracracy and mumble jumble. They don't stand by their product and if your not careful you too will fall into their scam. They have custonmer service service reps that make deals and then they forward the order to their managers, and then you recieve it and are surprised that it wasn;t what you expected. (Kinda when you go to buy a car, LOL - One person talks to you but others make the decision and sell you a differnet deal) I went with Pioneer all my installations after experiening first hand how bad Hogtunes is. I'm sure that many out there are please with them but, believe me when I say you don't want to encounter the problems my club and I have had with varies components of Hogtune products... Trust me Buy anything else but Hogtunes. Don't believe the hipe......

Old 06-23-2014, 02:09 PM
mayhemmaster
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

$389.95 USD
'REV' Amp Speaker Kit (4405-0265)

$189.95 USD
(4405-0172)
'HOG POD' Dash Trim Tweeter Pod

$119.95 USD
352F-AA Front Speakers
(4405-0325)

Seems pretty pricy if u need kit with amp

Old 05-04-2016, 10:43 AM
clatterbark
6th Gear

I was NOT happy with my system. Over 50 mph the volume had to be so turned up it became distorted.

Then I discovered my AVC (automatic volume control) was turned off. I think this setting (off) is default. I turned it on and WOW, what a difference. Now I'm totally happy.