Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CAT Gone & Heat Gone!! Pleased As Punch!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2011, 11:58 PM
dnitram
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking CAT Gone & Heat Gone!! Pleased As Punch!!!

I’ve been following the threads on CAT removal, the DIY method and aftermarket replacements with great interest. My 2011 RKC is the first bike my wife hesitates to ride due to the heat on her right leg, so I had to do something. I already had the Stage I A/C, Stage I download and SE Touring slip-ons. Since I can’t weld and wanted to fix the heat issue quickly, I chose to buy a head pipe from American Custom –

http://www.americancustom.com/index....s?options=cart

The head pipe came in this afternoon (very fast shipping AND they answered my questions promptly by email) so I installed it this evening. I won’t say it was a “piece of cake,” as if I’d had a nice lift table, it would have been easier than laying on my side at times. I just got back from a long evening ride and to say that I’m impressed would be an understatement! Seat of the pants would say that there was more power… Ears like the deeper exhaust rumble (sounded MUCH MORE like a Harley), and BEST OF ALL, I don’t feel any heat!!! That was EXACTLY what I was hoping to accomplish, the rest was just “gravy.” I’m very HAPPY and I know momma is going to be pleased as punch!

I just wanted to share this with you… Not trying to start another CAT thread, but just letting you know if you’re unhappy with the heat from the CAT, don’t hesitate to get rid of it, YOU’LL BE GLAD YOU DID!!!

Old 08-06-2011, 03:54 AM
Holster Maker
Tourer
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Congrads on your enhancement.
I 'm like you, very pleased. I actually really love the sound too!
I went one more step and wrapped mine, like I said earlier. It has been over a 100* up here for a couple weeks and I have been riding everyday without the hot feel. Reminds me now of my old Evo, just about the same.
Glad for you...!
BTW re-tighten the head nuts later, use a quarter (1/4") drive w/6"ext & 1/2" socket works the best in those tight quarters.
I believe later, I'll up my fuel mixture and be real cool and get a few more horses...later, that will give me something to do later.
I can't believe everybody hasn't done this simple enhancement, who wants a hot cat by their body and motor.

Remember, don't believe everything you read on the net....I really still have my cat...total fabrications about removing it!

Last edited by Holster Maker; 08-06-2011 at 05:02 PM. Reason: disclosure for epa
Old 08-06-2011, 02:46 PM
Steel Wheels
Road Master
Received 296 Likes on 167 Posts

Got one from Jackpot on the way - really looking forward to it. Congratulations!