Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NightRider XIED’s - FL-ViED-10 or FL-XiED-10 ?

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2011, 09:06 AM
Cme2c
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Depends on dealer, but honestly, most probably won't even know you have them!

Old 08-13-2011, 09:15 AM
ocezam
Road Master
Received 96 Likes on 62 Posts

Xied's work exactly like they should. It's the equivalent of a jet change on a carb. You can get more performance from a tuner, but you'll spend a lot more too. I think they should be on all stock and stage 1 bikes.

Last edited by ocezam; 08-13-2011 at 09:37 AM.
Old 08-13-2011, 09:19 AM
vtwinbob
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dnitram
I should have asked this question before in the original post, but is this view by some dealers as something that could void your warranty? Do you remove it if you take it in for service or warranty work, or does it just depend on the dealer?
i was thinking the same when i put mine on, so i added some quick connects for the ground wires. i just had my battery replaced so i took them off just to be safe, you never know about the dealers, only took a few min and don't need tools, you might want to pack the connectors with some dielectric grease just to be on the safe side. so far mine has worked well no problems, just be sure you have a GOOD ground. i used the battery post.

Old 08-13-2011, 11:12 AM
FenderGuy53
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

If you're doing a simple slip-on's & air kit upgrade to Stage 1, then I think NightRider's FL-XiED-10 Kit is fine. I'm going to install the FL-XiED-10 kit next season (I just got my 2011 SG and have only logged 400 miles on it. I want to get thru my 1000-mile service before doing the Stage 1 upgrade).

I would opt for the FL-XiED-10 kit over the variable kit for the named reasons. The kit will change the AFR in your closed loop, where most of your riding occurs. The beauty of the kit is that the ECM will auto-adjust to the new AFR after a short "learning" period, so your new Touring model will run great - and cooler!

Old 08-14-2011, 10:37 AM
dnitram
Road Master

Originally Posted by vtwinbob
i was thinking the same when i put mine on, so i added some quick connects for the ground wires. i just had my battery replaced so i took them off just to be safe, you never know about the dealers, only took a few min and don't need tools, you might want to pack the connectors with some dielectric grease just to be on the safe side. so far mine has worked well no problems, just be sure you have a GOOD ground. i used the battery post.
Since I couldn't find any instructions when I searched, I wasn't aware that these require a Ground Wire. What's up with that?

Old 08-14-2011, 10:44 AM
FenderGuy53
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Since I couldn't find any instructions when I searched, I wasn't aware that these require a Ground Wire. What's up with that?
It's an electrical connection. It needs to be grounded.

Old 08-14-2011, 08:50 PM
vtwinbob
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

there should be a ground wire on each one, there was on mine, if there not grounded good they won't work.

Old 08-14-2011, 10:21 PM
swervin irv
Tourer

Order it and you will be a happy guy for only 125.00 and 30 min. of your time.........

Old 08-15-2011, 01:41 AM
dnitram
Road Master
Thumbs up Ordered the FL-ViED-10

Well, I've ordered the FL-ViED-10, which should compliment what I've done so far: SE Stage I A/C, SE Touring slip-ons, SE Stage I download, and the American Custom cat free head pipe (what a nice change to get rid of most all of the heat - Momma loved that!).

Attached Thumbnails -put_the_cat_out_1224795.jpg  
Old 08-17-2011, 09:09 AM
dnitram
Road Master

Put them on last night and was happy with the ride, but will ride today and report back...

Quick Reply: NightRider XIED’s - FL-ViED-10 or FL-XiED-10 ?