Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NightRider XIED’s - FL-ViED-10 or FL-XiED-10 ?

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2011, 09:05 AM
dnitram
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up I like 'em!

To follow up on the install, I've adjusted the FL-ViED-10 to 14.1 AFR and after some nice long rides, I'm very pleased! In addition with the CAT being gone (thank you American Custom) and the install of some HD mid frame heat shields (took off my Shamrock shield - best heat shield I've ever used, but it hides a lot of the rear cylinder), the heat isn't an issue any more. Runs great, great rumble tone and plenty of smooth power to my liking.

Old 08-23-2011, 05:31 PM
Heavy D
Cruiser

Guys, do the Xied replace the HD Stage 1 download, or should you do both?

Does someone have pics of what is required to install? Where did you ground yours?

2010 FLHTC - Zippers Maxflow and soon to have SE Fatshotz.

Thanks.

Old 08-23-2011, 05:44 PM
Fatboy Brian
Grand HDF Member
Received 464 Likes on 191 Posts

Subscribed

Old 08-23-2011, 07:50 PM
dnitram
Road Master

Originally Posted by Heavy D
Guys, do the Xied replace the HD Stage 1 download, or should you do both?

Does someone have pics of what is required to install? Where did you ground yours?

2010 FLHTC - Zippers Maxflow and soon to have SE Fatshotz.

Thanks.
1) I can't address that officially, but I will say I already had the Stage I download done prior to this. I recommend that you go to this link: http://sales.nightrider.com/blog.asp

2) These fit inside the right cover on my 2011 RKC between the O2 sensor cables. Very simple.

3) I grounded mine to the negative battery post.

Old 08-24-2011, 05:27 AM
Heavy D
Cruiser

Originally Posted by dnitram
1) I can't address that officially, but I will say I already had the Stage I download done prior to this. I recommend that you go to this link: http://sales.nightrider.com/blog.asp

2) These fit inside the right cover on my 2011 RKC between the O2 sensor cables. Very simple.

3) I grounded mine to the negative battery post.
Thanks for the info. I think it makes sense to do both the download and Xied, since the download does something to the timing as well.

You didn't share you opinion........are you happy with your set-up?

Old 08-24-2011, 05:36 PM
dnitram
Road Master

Originally Posted by Heavy D
Thanks for the info. I think it makes sense to do both the download and Xied, since the download does something to the timing as well.

You didn't share you opinion........are you happy with your set-up?
Yes I like it fine. On the other hand, NightRider had indicated that these would work with the Vance & Hine FuelPak, however, the 2011 bikes require the new FuelPak LCD model 61019. I'm considering this addition and after contacting V&H tech department, they've indicated the O2 sensors are not utilized in the new model # 61019. Apparently this new model adjusts both the closed loop and open loop (XIED affects the closed loop). So... If I add the FuelPak, I won't be needing the XIEDs.

Old 08-24-2011, 10:52 PM
MB-WideGlide
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just orderd a set for my 2011 RGC ,I have the Harley download / heavy breather and slip-ons ( still have the cat) for now. I'm going to try it w/ the cat first,if it's still real hot then I will cut out the cat.

Old 08-25-2011, 08:09 AM
speakerfritz
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

the XIED works at lower rpms while the bike is warming up. once the bike warms up, the voltage drop from the resisters used in the XIEDs is so great that the bike goes open loop. once the bike goes open loop, the ecm uses the last closed loop o2 sensor values. there was a DIY version on a few forum websites using materials provided by the company and if you google around you can still find the parts list and instructions. about 20 bucks in harley connectors and 2 dollars in resistors.

Old 08-25-2011, 12:13 PM
dnitram
Road Master
Thumbs up Nightrider offered a refund

Because Nightrider advised me his adjustable XIED's would work with the V&H Fuelpak and since the new Fuelpak # 61019 doesn't use the O2 sensors (you disconnect them), he has very kindly offered to take them back and refund my purchase price. That's a straight up guy! Ordered the new Fuelpak LCD 61019 for my 2011 RKC, got the map programming information ( FP-4344 ) and will be instaling it and setting up the modes when it comes in. Nope, not going to do engine mods as I've done too many times in the past, just keep this one relatively simple...

Old 08-25-2011, 12:51 PM
Jack Straw
Road Warrior
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I didn't read all the responses, and there have been a ton of threads on this subject. I exhausted the research on these things before I finally bought them, including long emails back and forth with the owner of the company, Steve, before and after I purchased and installed.

Bottom line for my situation: If you live where it's really hot, like AZ, southern NV, etc. They don't make enough of a dent to really cool a newer bike with a catalytic converter (stock pipes). I installed them and my heat management system (EITMS) kicked on just as fast as without them.

However, they do work as advertised, just not in extreme conditions, it's simply not enough. Your bike will run better, and less lean.

Quick Reply: NightRider XIED’s - FL-ViED-10 or FL-XiED-10 ?