Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NightRider XIED’s - FL-ViED-10 or FL-XiED-10 ?

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2011, 11:10 PM
dnitram
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question NightRider XIED’s - FL-ViED-10 or FL-XiED-10 ?

A friend just put these on his 2012 Ultra (FL-ViED-10) and is really happy with them. He kind of got me a little excited and I was thinking about putting them on my 2011 RKC. Is it all hype or do they really help to enrich the AFR? Anybody using them, happy with them? Which model did you use, the FL-ViED-10 or FL-XiED-10 ?

Old 08-13-2011, 04:16 AM
ybnorml
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 24,523 Likes on 10,077 Posts

I have a set of XIED's on my '08 .... 40k miles with them.
I realize its not exactly what you're asking opinions on.
I have the HD breather along with Rush slip ons.....
Bike runs flawlessly, and I'm getting between
47 and 51 mpg....depending on riding style.

And yeah, my bike does run cooler after the installation.

Old 08-13-2011, 05:52 AM
dohadex
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Had the FL-Vieds on my RK...they work fine...but due to the experimentation factor...I wanted more performance...so I opted for the PC-V after a year.

The Vied/Xieds are worth it.

Old 08-13-2011, 06:05 AM
jjnoble
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I just typed a long drawn out post and it disappeared, so to repeat in the short version, you will probably not even notice the adjustment from one end to the other. I don't see any sense in getting the adjustable version. The fewer parts the fewer things that can go wrong.

Old 08-13-2011, 06:12 AM
MikeySom
Road Captain

Received 345 Likes on 150 Posts

I put a set of xied-10 on my Ultra about 6000 miles now with no problems i did this to cut down on the heat not for performance I gutted the cat and wrapped the pipes stock exhaust and a/c if I was looking for performance I would do some sort of stage 1 but it seemed to be the cheapest way to reduce the heat and it seems to do this well.

Old 08-13-2011, 06:26 AM
hdtrader
Cruiser

Pending the settings...you may be able to tell a difference in MPG's between the adjustable and the fixed. I've ran the FL Xied and now I run the FL Vied. However, if I was going to buy another set it would be a toss-up between the two.

Last edited by hdtrader; 08-13-2011 at 06:29 AM.
Old 08-13-2011, 06:38 AM
jjnoble
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Someone should call Steve at Nightrider and ask but as I remember it the difference was Xied = 13.8 and Vied = 13.8 to 14.0. I was very happy with the Xied's but my bike turned out to be one of those that have a bad ground in the ECM and the Xied's stopped working, the moco would not replace the ECM so I have moved on to the TTS. Using the TTS I can tell you there is only a slight difference between 13.8 and 14.0, performance and gas wise it is hardly noticeable in most cases. If I had it to do over again, I would still goes with the Xied.

Old 08-13-2011, 07:18 AM
dnitram
Road Master

I looked around on the Nightrider web site for some instructions (pdf?) and did a Google search, but came up empty handed. Since I just gutted the cat from the head pipe, I know both cat leads plug in under the right side cover (as I sit) and are easy access. From what I can see, it looks like that's all you have to do, just plug them in, right? And the FL-ViED-10 is adjustable, so I guess you do that before buttoning it up. Am I on the right track here?

Old 08-13-2011, 07:54 AM
HDDOC
Road Captain
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by dnitram
I looked around on the Nightrider web site for some instructions (pdf?) and did a Google search, but came up empty handed. Since I just gutted the cat from the head pipe, I know both cat leads plug in under the right side cover (as I sit) and are easy access. From what I can see, it looks like that's all you have to do, just plug them in, right? And the FL-ViED-10 is adjustable, so I guess you do that before buttoning it up. Am I on the right track here?

I still have the cat in the header 2011 FLHTK 2" baffles and SEAC, plug and plug right were you discribe, have mine set at 14-1 works for me, without the cat you can add more fuel with vied.

Old 08-13-2011, 08:37 AM
dnitram
Road Master
Default Warranty? Service?

I should have asked this question before in the original post, but is this view by some dealers as something that could void your warranty? Do you remove it if you take it in for service or warranty work, or does it just depend on the dealer?

Quick Reply: NightRider XIED’s - FL-ViED-10 or FL-XiED-10 ?