Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Shout out to Stormy Hill HD and my rented Road Glide

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2011, 10:14 PM
BigDaddyMike
Club Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shout out to Stormy Hill HD and my rented Road Glide

Was recently in sunny Florida for our annual Thanksgiving vacation. Always talked about renting a scoot for a few days but never did. The closest dealer and one I have shopped many times for TShirts and stuff was Stormy Hill in Clermont. They had a special rental rate, all 103CU bikes were $59.95 a day...made my decision even easier. Allen and Chelsea could have not been more helpful or attentive and I rented a Red Sunglo 2012 Road Glide Ultra. I only had a short time to tool around the back roads in neighboring Polk County for a couple of days, but it was really nice to enjoy riding in the sunshine, if only for a few days. I was amazed at how much I enjoyed the quiet of a bone stock bike and how the factory lean 103 pulled us along pretty well.. If you get down that way and want a great rental experience and a friendly dealership, I would suggest you look them up, they are right on Highway 27 in Clermont, Florida.
here are a couple of pics of the bike and my number one passenger my 16 year old daughter.

Alas, on the third day I took the Glide back and took three of my kids HERE...that's them closest to the camera walking to the castle...

Old 11-28-2011, 10:26 PM
rgjujitsu
Road Master

Nice, hope to ride with my daughter some day.

Old 11-29-2011, 05:01 AM
jjnoble
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

+1 on Stormy Hill HD. I was down there for two weeks last Christmas, they upgraded my compensator when none of my local dealers would. Very nice, very helpful people.

As a side note, Doc's Performance Tuning is only a couple miles from there.

Two great places, Florida is well worth visiting.

Old 11-29-2011, 08:46 AM
FLUltrarider
Road Warrior

Stormy Hill is owned by the same family that's owned Gator HD in Leesburg since probably before I was born. They are nice people and the dealerships both go out of their way to be helpful and friendly. Looks like a great trip and good time.

Old 11-29-2011, 10:35 AM
carrmat
Road Master
Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts
Default Ugh!

Originally Posted by BigDaddyMike
Was recently in sunny Florida for our annual Thanksgiving vacation. Always talked about renting a scoot for a few days but never did. The closest dealer and one I have shopped many times for TShirts and stuff was Stormy Hill in Clermont. They had a special rental rate, all 103CU bikes were $59.95 a day...made my decision even easier....
Mike, I'm sure everything you have to say is quite interesting but every time you post, I have a hard time reading anything past your avatar pic! Great ride, especially for 60 clams a day!

Old 11-29-2011, 06:27 PM
nytryder
Elite HDF Member
Received 296 Likes on 176 Posts

Stormy Hill HD are good people. Never hear anything bad about them. They have done some motor work for me and replaced a tire or two. +1 on Doc's. Two great businesses right there together.