Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bassani or Rinehart??

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2006, 07:01 PM
07 FLHX
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bassani or Rinehart??

I'm trying to decide between the Bassani Power Curve duals with megaphones or the Rinehart True Duals. Got to get rid of that stock sound!(Or lack thereof) Looking for peoples opinions on the sound differences of each. Also, any performance gains/losses with each. I know the Rineharts for 07 just came out, so, historically speaking what can be expected? I am planning on going with the PCIII and a K&N stage 1 kit. Thanks in advance for any info.

Old 11-16-2006, 07:12 PM
bountyhunter
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Bassani or Rinehart??

Thats a tough one...the curve on the Bassani is pretty weird, yet unique. Rineharts have a more generic look. Performance & sound will likely be pretty close, so the look that appeals to you will be the deciding factor! On the other hand....do ya really want clamps?

Old 11-16-2006, 09:49 PM
wade1323
Novice

Bassani is a tuned system as the goose neck on the rear cylinder provides an equal length pipe to the front cylinder pipe. However, this allows for a lot of heat on the right side of the bike in hot weather.

I have the Rhinehart's on my '05 EG Ultra Classic and I love them. I get lot of complements on the sound and looks of the pipes.

Ask 5 people and you'll probably get 5 different opinions.

Go to your local dealer on a weekend and listen to the many different pipes on the bikes that congregate there. This is the only way to know which sounds best to you.

As for me the Rhinehart's are not too loud on the road; but, give you a nice deep sound when you roll on the throttle. I like mine and would install another set if I traded bikes. Many say the Rhinehart's lose a lot of torque due to the lack of back pressure. However, my opinion is the only place you will be able to tell is on the dyno. My bike is very responsive after adding them and the Arlen Ness Big Sucker air cleaner.

Hope this helps some in your decision.

Old 11-16-2006, 09:57 PM
wnogood
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Basically stock bike......Bassani

Large displacement, high compression bike....Rineharts

I had to learn the hard way. I have heard both and they both sound good. The larger headpipes on the Rineharts hurt low end torque.

nogood o~`o

Old 11-16-2006, 10:22 PM
Biggzed
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 230 Likes on 150 Posts

ORIGINAL: wnogood

Basically stock bike......Bassani

Large displacement, high compression bike....Rineharts

I had to learn the hard way. I have heard both and they both sound good. The larger headpipes on the Rineharts hurt low end torque.

nogood o~`o
I would agree only if you are including most 95" builds as basically stock. The Bassani's work well for 95" high comp builds as well. I've seen some dynos (check the Latus Motors Dyno Library) over 100/100 using the power curve system. Of course it's hard to say if the Rhieharts would outperform on those engines as it's rare to see a side by side, same bike, same day, true comparison. I would say the larger head pipe of the Rhineharts would start to really benefit 100 inch plus builds.

Overall, I don't think you can go wrong with either system. I had the Bassani Power Curve on my '99 Road King I just sold. It was a low compression 95" build that made 85/95. No big deal, but I would likely have lost TQ if the Rhineharts were on there. Plus, the sound is just different enough on the Bassani to make them stand out in the crowd. People like to comment that the curve makes excess heat, but I have yet to hear that comment from anyone that has actually had the system. I know it is not a complaint of mine and I put 20,000 miles on that bike with those pipes.

My Dad has Rhineharts on his basically stock SG and they work great too.

Old 11-16-2006, 10:23 PM
07 FLHX
Intermediate

I have heard that the Rineharts were known to hurt low end torque, but is it possible they have fixed that? I see that they have a stepped header design now. Starts out 1 3/4", then 1 7/8", and finally 2"

Old 11-16-2006, 10:34 PM
Longtimegone
Road Captain

Don't get fooled by the hype of stepped header design. It is not going to help your performance. If you like the Rineharts, buy them. They are good headers. I am partial to the Bassani though. Your low-end torque will be much better.

Old 11-16-2006, 11:04 PM
Branded
Road Master

Rinehart's

Old 11-16-2006, 11:12 PM
Branded
Road Master
Old 11-16-2006, 11:20 PM
07 FLHX
Intermediate

That is a preorder auction. They don't actually have any in stock. Eastern Performance has them in stock. I am kinda leaning towards the Rineharts. That funky curve on the Bassani's looks like it would be just as much in the way of fluid changes as the stock crossover pipe is.

Quick Reply: Bassani or Rinehart??