Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Resetting the ECM?

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2014, 12:00 PM
12hdrk
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by HOTROD1300
I was told by the guy I bought the bike from that harley did stage 1 download. I call the dealer to find out what had been done to the bike , cams air cleaner exhaust and download. They blew me off so I really don't know what I have I do know it has no tuner installed on it.
That's why I wanted ECM set to stock and go from there
I don't know how to get the original tune back from a stage 1 was flashed by dealer. I would assume surely the dealer could. In any case if the dealer blew you off that means he didn't think he was going to make any money. If you don't know what cams and other details I don't know how you can flash the proper tune other than some trial and error. Other folks may be more versed on this...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Old 01-02-2014, 12:09 PM
XARAN
Stellar HDF Member
Received 39 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by HOTROD1300
I was told by the guy I bought the bike from that harley did stage 1 download. I call the dealer to find out what had been done to the bike , cams air cleaner exhaust and download. They blew me off so I really don't know what I have I do know it has no tuner installed on it.
That's why I wanted ECM set to stock and go from there
Dont waste your money at the dealer. Call Fuel Moto and get a Power Vision Tuner. Ask Jamie or Keith to load it with a couple base MAPs,
1 the stock MAP
2 for a stage 1
3 stage 2 with SE 255 cams (this is probably the most common cam package dealers sell)

When you get the PV connect to your bike and it will save the MAP that is in it as your original. Then if the bike is running OK just do a few data log runs and tweek the present tune. Or if it is not running well try the other tunes -stock-stage1 or cam and then find what rus best and then start doing some data logging to fine tune it.

Other than spending $ on a dyno this is your best option. Flashing a tune with the PV is a 5 minute deal and data logging to self tune now that it is all done on the PV unit without a computer is super easy

Old 01-02-2014, 12:25 PM
the warden
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The dealer can certainly reflash to the stock tune if that is what you want to do but I don't see the point. Given the mods you have it will run extremely lean and like crap. Surely the HD dealer who did the mods can at least have the decency to tell what cams they put in it so, along with the rest of the mods you know about, (exhaust, intake), you will be able to get a canned map to suit your mods in a new tuner. Power Vision would be my choice as it will provide lots of flexibility to make further changes up the road, especially if you get the wideband auto tune pro with it. Now this is just pure speculation, but if the dealer did the mods it is very likely an HD cam. If they only did a Stage 1 download I would assume that they put in stock 103 cams. If they did indeed do a Stage 2, then SE255s would have been the likely cam as this is what the dealers install in the vast majority of cases when the cam choice is not requested by the bike owner. That said, there are only 2 ways to find out for sure what cams are in your bike; someone who knows what was installed tells you, IE: previous owner or the person who did the work, or you pull the cams and look for yourself. I would try to press the dealer for the info as they will know. If they have already blown you off, then you might have to kiss a little a** to try and get the info. Distasteful, but less work than tearing into the cam chest to find out.

Last edited by the warden; 01-02-2014 at 12:27 PM.
Old 01-02-2014, 01:11 PM
HOTROD1300
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks guys I am working on dealer I may have to get the original owner to call
I will call fuel moto I think that is the way to go I was wanting the factory tune so I could install pc3 but the power vision looks like the way to go.
If I change Exaust or cams does dyno jet offer a selection of maps to choose from ?
I noticed the pc3 comes with o2 eliminaters
The pv keeps them I hope

Old 01-02-2014, 01:37 PM
the warden
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you get your PV from Jamie you will get a lifetime of free maps. He will have maps for almost any conceivable combination of mods that you could come up with. And yes the PV keeps your 02s. If you opt for the auto tune pro you will also get a set of wideband sensors as well. This is a great setup.

Old 01-02-2014, 03:02 PM
HOTROD1300
Intermediate

Great thanks

Old 01-03-2014, 03:22 PM
HOTROD1300
Intermediate

Found out today from dealer it has factory cams and stage 2 rush slip ons and se air cleaner and stage 2 download. I think it's rich

Old 01-07-2014, 02:57 PM
HOTROD1300
Intermediate

Got pro pipe and Power vision on the way from
Fuel moto

Old 01-07-2014, 03:18 PM
dulley
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I always thought stag 2 was cams and a tuner

Old 05-31-2016, 02:52 PM
HotVrod
Tourer
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Engine shutting off

Ok, search and found this thread and this is a close as I found.

Issue is 05' carbed EG,
recent issue but a week after installing customDynamics rear clusters and their "signal stabilizer". After reading through this I see the TSM on my bike also controls the security system and that is what seems to be happening now. start the bike, ride short distance and the engine shuts down. Power to everything else still lights and all. Will not restart as in no starter at all. Check ignition fuse and it is blown. Replace fuse and can restart, take back out and same issue.

Next step is the obvious and remove the signal stabilizer and see what happens, but any thoughts on this?

Quick Reply: Resetting the ECM?