Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   Touring Models (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touring-models-11/)
-   -   WTF...I think I was just ripped off by DragonFly Cycle Concepts!! (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touring-models/680208-wtf-i-think-i-was-just-ripped-off-by-dragonfly-cycle-concepts.html)

fireaxxe 08-23-2011 11:53 AM

WTF...I think I was just ripped off by DragonFly Cycle Concepts!!

Does anyone know what is going on with this company. I paid for a fairing, which was to be painted vivid black by them on July 20, 2011. I was told the estimated shipping date would be on August 12, 2011. I sent an email on the 12th of August requesting a tracking number for the shipment, as they said they would send one once shipped and I did not get a reply. I called the following monday which which was Aug. 15, 2011 and asked about the fairing and was told that the part just came back from being painted and will be shipped at the end of the week. Still no tracking number on Thursday the 18th or Friday the 19th so the following monday which was yesterday I called again and was told that they missed shipping it on friday and I will be shipped A.S.A.P and I would get a tracking number. No number was sent to my email today so I called and the numbers that are posted on the site a few min. ago and they are out of service. Does anyone that know about this company know what is going on, help is needed, feel like I am out $1500 bucks here is the web site.

http://www.dragonflycycleconcepts.com/

fireaxxe 08-23-2011 11:56 AM

Standing by... just got Paul on the phone, a representative of the company, and waiting to see what is going on.

fireaxxe 08-23-2011 12:03 PM

Here we go was told that the fairing had a run in the paint and had to be buffed and it will be shipped today. I will wait on a tracking number and if I dont receive any communication or tracking number by the end of PST's business day, I will just have to go thru the law to get this settled.

CtCruzer 08-23-2011 12:04 PM

Looked at there address theres a company call c&b doors in same bldg google map the address

Terrabella 08-23-2011 12:05 PM

Doesn't sound good!

Buckinfitch 08-23-2011 12:14 PM

Damn dude, it's been well over a month since ordered ... Fvck that, could have a whole bike torn down and repainted in that time... that sux man.

but I know the feeling, waited over a month on my BUB 7 TDX's (headers\mufflers) after placing order ...well worth the wait though !

hdelectra 08-23-2011 12:23 PM

Yeah... I know all too well the waiting game... I've been waiting 2 months for my pipes! (different vendor)

HalfFast 08-23-2011 12:59 PM

Seems like that might be typical in the after market fairing business. I ran into the identical same problem when I ordered my Reckless fairing. Even their late stories were identical but after I got in their butt a few times, they picked up the pace and sent it to me a few weeks late but just exactly as I had ordered and I am exceptionally pleased with my Reckless and you probably will be with your Dragonfly.
I visited Reckless' shop after I got mine and found out why they are so slow. They are a small business in a small building with half dozen employees hand laying these fairings and attempting to fill orders from around the country and trying to be meticulous on each and every order.

gahotline 08-23-2011 01:11 PM

I bought a fairing from DragonFly last year for my wife's Road King. We had the same issue you have and we didn't get the fairing painted by them. We had to call and raise hell for at leaset two weeks. Everytime we called about a tracking number we always got some excuse. We finally got the fairing after making numerous calls. I just hate it when a company gives you a shipping date and they don't ship. At the least the should call you and update you on your order if it doesn't ship in time. Hopefully you get your fairing soon!

Lifetimelifter 08-23-2011 01:17 PM

Why wouldnt you bring it to a local body shop for paint?