Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question on color schemes

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2011, 09:01 AM
Doublerunner
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Update. The dealership, Dixie Cycle in Pompano, Florida now refuses to talk to me. After I had a verbal agreement to purchase the bike for their asking price they re-listed the bike on ebay and chopper exchange for $1,600 more than their previous ad and the ad from which I called about and made the verbal agreement. The owners now do not answer my phone calls or emails. Talk about scumbags. This has definitely been a learning experience. Thanks everyone for your advice and insight on this

Old 08-28-2011, 09:31 AM
sgnden
Road Master
Received 56 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Doublerunner
Update. The dealership, Dixie Cycle in Pompano, Florida now refuses to talk to me. After I had a verbal agreement to purchase the bike for their asking price they re-listed the bike on ebay and chopper exchange for $1,600 more than their previous ad and the ad from which I called about and made the verbal agreement. The owners now do not answer my phone calls or emails. Talk about scumbags. This has definitely been a learning experience. Thanks everyone for your advice and insight on this
No real surprise maybe, eh? Deals that even START feeling odd and basic questions like yours are not instantly explained 100% are always "Monte Python Deals", as I like to call em ("run away! run away!").

I am glad no money changed hands. However, I would take the time to boil-down the points where they tried to screw you and if solid points, report the hell out of those facts to all agencies you can and generally try to let others know of the shady operators (again, IF all points are solid showing how they tried to hose you - made agreements, lied, whatever - not just if they are greedy f**ks, you'll find that all-to-often).

Up in New England, as the cold weather approaches, you should absolutely be able to find some very nice deals out there....within driving distance.

Good luck - Sucks to take something like this that should be a fun experience and turn it into a PITA.

Great job doing your homework all the way through, by the way.

Old 10-01-2011, 05:27 PM
Doublerunner
Cruiser

I just wanted to thank you all for your input. You confirmed my suspicions that something was fishy and I continued to look. I recently purchased an 09 ultra classic and am very happy with it. Here is a pic;

Old 10-01-2011, 05:57 PM
threeten
Tourer

Originally Posted by Doublerunner
I just wanted to thank you all for your input. You confirmed my suspicions that something was fishy and I continued to look. I recently purchased an 09 ultra classic and am very happy with it.
Congratulations. All's well that ends well.