Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PCV Auto Tune

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2011, 12:49 PM
Rickr01
Club Member
Received 76 Likes on 68 Posts
Default PCV Auto Tune

I'm still wrangling with the idea of installing an Auto Tune to go with my PCV. However, I'm still unclear as to if there is any advantage to adding yet another device to my Stock Stage 1 bike? With the exception of possibly playing around with a different 2-1 exhaust configuration, I won't be making any engine changes to my stock 2010 FLHX. It currently has a 2-1 Pro Pipe, Screaming Eagle air Box and the PCV programmed by Jamie and it runs fine. I am still uncomfortable with having the 02 sensors unplugged and non functional when using the PCV alone however. I guess I just don't yet know enough about these systems to make educated decisions. So I come to you that know... Is the auto tune worth the money in my case?

Last edited by Rickr01; 09-03-2011 at 12:51 PM.
Old 09-03-2011, 01:45 PM
Arizona
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I'm in exactly your situation and leaning towards the Auto Tune in order to allow the bike to adjust itself for that "perfect" tune on the fly as conditions/weather or whatever it is varies. I'm interested to see if this is really that necessary or a waste to bother with. My bike runs great from what I can tell (stats listed below). But I'd guess that weather conditions such as temperature or perhaps even significant elevation changes, etc might make an AT a desireable item to make those fine adjustments as you go. I live in the mtns at 4200' and commute down into the city at Sea Level and then home again every day, so wondering if this has any impact on my bike's MAP to a degree that the AT would be a benefit. Also temperatures vary about 30 degrees from daytime highs to nite time lows where I live.

I'll be watching this thread with interest...

Old 09-03-2011, 05:22 PM
lionsm13
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 69,903 Likes on 21,306 Posts

I'm gettin' ready to do the same, but will change cams first. Then with the help of a fellow forum member who lives in the same town, will do the install of the AT. Got a map to build off of from another forum member who has basically the same set-up.
This is a great site bar none, I'll tell you what!!

Old 09-03-2011, 05:33 PM
pittz5
Road Warrior
Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

I have also been looking at adding the AT as I have a couple spots where bike hesitates. Not sure if I should just Auto Tune or perhaps go with the Rev Perf unit?? I will watch this closely. Anyone put the Auto Tune on only to pull it back off due to being unhappy with it????

Old 09-03-2011, 05:53 PM
The Q
Road Warrior
Received 57 Likes on 46 Posts

As stated above, I too didn't like running no O2 sensors was all that great. I know Fuel Moto knows their stuff, but I just felt something was missing. I bought the Auto Tuner and am TOTALLY happy that I did. I installed it and ran the bike a day and saw trim numbers from the Auto Tune. The Auto Tune was taking Fuel Moto's Map and adjusting it for MY BIKE. Since adding it, the bike runs cool and smooth. Fuel mileage is about the same, but now I can go into the Map and set desired Air Fuel Ratios that I want and the Auto Tune will adjust to it. There is a long thread on here by iclick and another member about the Auto Tune and how to adjust it for mileage and run a switch to run a separate Map for when stuck in hot traffic to help run a little richer to cool things off. I am a firm believer in Fuel Moto and their Maps. The Auto Tune just tunes their and others' Maps to YOUR BIKE and YOUR environment.

Old 09-03-2011, 08:08 PM
drukanfu
Supporter
Received 16 Likes on 6 Posts

The thing I like most about the Autotune is the fact is adjusts for all the varitiables in gasolines when your on the road, kind of gives me a peace of mind. Between the PC5 and Autotune my bike runs unbelieveably cool. I have the RJS originals on primarily for the looks, absoutely don't need them though.

Old 09-04-2011, 07:51 AM
toby34
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

do it do it do it....i have cam work intake and exhaust work and it helps the motor run at its best.....jmo

Old 09-04-2011, 08:17 AM
speckfisher
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i am also thinking the same, have been using two FM maps with the switch; 43-45mpg mileage map, and 33-35mpg performance map, Very pleased

however, i am seriously considering the Power Vision, very dynamic and you reflash the ECM

Old 09-04-2011, 08:24 AM
Rickr01
Club Member
Received 76 Likes on 68 Posts

I believe iclick is running the Power Vision. Iclick corrected me in the past and let me know there is a difference between the Auto tune / PCV set up and the Power Vision. I'm referring to the auto tune that Piggy backs the PCV. Man this crap is confusing! I could fine tune any carb to run as nicely as I wanted.

Originally Posted by The Q
As stated above, I too didn't like running no O2 sensors was all that great. I know Fuel Moto knows their stuff, but I just felt something was missing. I bought the Auto Tuner and am TOTALLY happy that I did. I installed it and ran the bike a day and saw trim numbers from the Auto Tune. The Auto Tune was taking Fuel Moto's Map and adjusting it for MY BIKE. Since adding it, the bike runs cool and smooth. Fuel mileage is about the same, but now I can go into the Map and set desired Air Fuel Ratios that I want and the Auto Tune will adjust to it. There is a long thread on here by iclick and another member about the Auto Tune and how to adjust it for mileage and run a switch to run a separate Map for when stuck in hot traffic to help run a little richer to cool things off. I am a firm believer in Fuel Moto and their Maps. The Auto Tune just tunes their and others' Maps to YOUR BIKE and YOUR environment.

Old 09-04-2011, 08:27 AM
speckfisher
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yep, it replaces the PC-V

Quick Reply: PCV Auto Tune