Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

look for skeleton shifter linkage

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2011, 02:15 PM
Default look for skeleton shifter linkage

someone on this form has a skeleton arm and hand for a shifter linkage and was wanting to know where they got it?

Old 09-14-2011, 03:29 PM
DMC1
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you are referring to this bike that would be me.

Attached Thumbnails look for skeleton shifter linkage-100_2121.jpg  
Old 09-14-2011, 03:38 PM
vtwinhd59
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's sweet. Where you find that.

Old 09-15-2011, 06:52 AM

Originally Posted by DMC1
that is the coolest thing I have see on a bike. where did you find it?

Old 09-15-2011, 01:59 PM
skulltrainharley
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

So different way cool! ....

Old 09-15-2011, 02:30 PM
sanlyn
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

I have to admit, that's not my thing, but it works real well on the bike.

Old 09-15-2011, 05:41 PM
DMC1
Cruiser

Alright folks here is the scoop on the shifter linkage. The folks on this forum have been good to share with me and answer my questions. I have gotten a lot of private messages and comments from folks here on the forum wanting to know where I got my linkage. This is a piece that I found a few years ago that I had intended to use as the linkage on a 1939 Ford coupe that I am building. Since getting this HD the Ford has taken a back seat so the linkage went on the HD. I took the arm and drilled two holes in it. I then went to Lowes and bought two small pins (I have the part number). I drilled and tapped the pins so I could put screws through the arm and attach to the pins. The pins have holes in them that are the same size as the stock linkage that came on the bike. I just took the heim joint off one end and slid the arm on my stock linkage. I'll tell you if you can keep it to yourself....The arm is a salad tong. They are good quality aluminum and the fingers can be moved just a little if you are careful. If you search for skeleton salad tong on Google you will see them but they are expensive.

:icon _headbang:
Ride safe!

Last edited by DMC1; 09-15-2012 at 04:31 AM. Reason: Additional information
Old 09-15-2011, 05:57 PM
BlueDragon
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Not that's what ya call customization... very nice work thinkin outside the box
while tossin' salad on Halloween!

Old 07-08-2015, 03:49 PM
Highrailer
3rd Gear
Default Skeleton shift linkage

Alright folks here is the scoop on the shifter linkage. The folks on this forum have been good to share with me and answer my questions. I have gotten a lot of private messages and comments from folks here on the forum wanting to know where I got my linkage. This is a piece that I found a few years ago that I had intended to use as the linkage on a 1939 Ford coupe that I am building. Since getting this HD the Ford has taken a back seat so the linkage went on the HD. I took the arm and drilled two holes in it. I then went to Lowes and bought two small pins (I have the part number). I drilled and tapped the pins so I could put screws through the arm and attach to the pins. The pins have holes in them that are the same size as the stock linkage that came on the bike. I just took the heim joint off one end and slid the arm on my stock linkage. I'll tell you if you can keep it to yourself....The arm is a salad tong. They are good quality aluminum and the fingers can be moved just a little if you are careful. If you search for skeleton salad tong on Google you will see them but they are expensive.

:icon _headbang:
Ride safe!

Found this old thread while searching Google for a skeleton hand shift linkage. This is exactly what Im looking for. Did anyone actually make one of these as per DMC1's description? Im not sure what kind of "pins" he is talking about. Thanks

Old 07-08-2015, 09:36 PM
paid4c4
Road Master
Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

I found the thread interesting. Looks like a little trouble finding metal or chrome skeleton tongs this time of year.
Bill

Quick Reply: look for skeleton shifter linkage