Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rain Gear.

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2011, 09:26 AM
HD Jim
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Have Mercy!

Originally Posted by Feeeeg
Aerostich

zoom
  • Transit Two Piece Suit
  • GORE-TEX® Pro Shell Outerwear
  • $1,594.00 MSRP
HOLY S4!t YOU AINT KIDDING!!!!

Ill just get wet....
Nice looking suit! I will stick to my old fashioned Gore Tex... was supposed to turn it when I retired lol So what if I look like a tree lol As long as Gore Tex is keep in good order, it will last forever! I still have all pieces of my original extreme cold weather issue! Rain? Snow? No problem Mother Corps did right issuing that stuff! I did add some 3M reflective tape for added safety tho

Last edited by HD Jim; 09-25-2011 at 09:28 AM. Reason: addition
Old 09-25-2011, 09:56 AM
Notgrownup
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 6,324 Likes on 3,269 Posts

I have the HD Overpass and rode 8 hours in a FROG STRANGLER... I stayed dry as a bone....Just bought a HD hi-viz for my wife and wore it 3 weeks ago in the mountans in the rain and did great....

Old 09-25-2011, 10:13 AM
crackercap
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I recently rode for over 8 hours in the rain along with several others, they had frog toggs and I have the HD underpass I believe it's called. I stayed pretty dry except for my feet. They got drenched under those frog toggs after awhile. I felt sorry for them. He was however without a windshield and that made a big difference for them. My biggest problem was the poor visability. Now, how about some wipers for those cruisers..

Old 09-25-2011, 10:20 AM
airchuk
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bought an Icon rain jacket and pants. Totally dry in even heavy rain. It breathes - beats me, but there is ventilation. Easy on and off with the ankle to crotch zippers and velcro. Bought the set from Motorcycle Superstore.

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com...chAutoComplete

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com...Rain-Bibs.aspx

Old 09-25-2011, 10:23 AM
elPrez
Stellar HDF Member
Received 448 Likes on 313 Posts

I have this
http://www.harley-davidson.com/mcm/m...bmLocale=en_US
And have never gotten wet riding through downpours for long spells...

Old 09-25-2011, 10:23 AM
elPrez
Stellar HDF Member
Received 448 Likes on 313 Posts

double post for some reason...

Last edited by elPrez; 09-25-2011 at 10:39 AM.
Old 09-25-2011, 10:29 AM
shortride
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Gore Tex is probably the best choice if you don't mine spending that much money. Some of the other rain suits are just to bulky, heavy and can be very hot to wear sometimes. I've never started out when it was raining but I have been caught in a few gulley washers and the Frogg Togg rain suit has serviced me as well as I need.

Old 09-25-2011, 10:59 AM
Uncle Larry
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 47,744 Likes on 18,543 Posts

One thing is for sure ..... if you're riding in the rain you're gonna get wet .... and if you do a lot of ridin' in the rain you're gonna get wetter. I've been ridin' for over 40 years and have never ever found a true waterproof rain gear outfit ( although I didn't try the $1600.00 one ) !

Old 09-25-2011, 09:13 PM
txfxstrider
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 85 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by Uncle Larry
One thing is for sure ..... if you're riding in the rain you're gonna get wet .... and if you do a lot of ridin' in the rain you're gonna get wetter. I've been ridin' for over 40 years and have never ever found a true waterproof rain gear outfit ( although I didn't try the $1600.00 one ) !

Try the HD Overpass jacket and pants for $150. You will not get wet again. I also have been riding for over 40 years (way over) and this is the first rain suit that has kept me completely dry in all kinds of weather including rain so heavy that one should not be riding in it. And I have done a lot of riding in the rain day after day.

Old 09-26-2011, 06:05 AM
bogieb
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DrQ
I got this one:
http://www.harley-davidson.com/mcm/m...bmLocale=en_US
I thought because it was the cheapest it wouldn't work so well, but it packed up into a small ball so I gave it a shot. Rained about every day to and from Sturgis kept me dry.
My problem is vision-any glasses good in the rain?
I have had the same rain suit for 10 years or so. Keeps me nice and dry, even thru massive downpours. It is light enough to use even when hot - I wear it a lot in the morning to keep my work clothes from soaking up moisture from the fog.

Hubby has the heavier HD rain gear and he likes it, although it is on the warm side, he keeps dry.

Quick Reply: Rain Gear.