Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

68T IDS Sprocket Installation - HELP !!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2011, 08:55 PM
scottdoege
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 68T IDS Sprocket Installation - HELP !!!!

I am am adding IDS to an 07 Ultra and at the same time changing to a Jap 68T sprocket. I have all the parts and am working on the install. The new bearing is pressed in the pully and everything is mounted on the wheel.

My question has to do with the spacers. I purchased both of the spacers that were indicated on another thread for this conversion. Which spacer goes on what side. One spacer is slightly larger than the right side spacer and the other is very thin. Previously the left spacer was very large.

Is it correct to install the slightly larger spacer on the right brake side and the very thin spacer on the sprocket side? I assume going from non-ids to ids there should be a difference in spacers, but want to be sure.

Thanks,

Scott

Old 10-15-2011, 10:16 PM
DuraGlide
Road Warrior
Received 118 Likes on 77 Posts

Thin spacer goes between the swingarm and the pulley. Thicker spacer goes on the brake side.

Old 10-16-2011, 10:30 AM
X Iron Butt
Supporter
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Scott,
Let us know how you like this. I am contemplating doing the same. My biggest concern is if I do a cam change if I will still like it or find out I didn't need it. I would like to see a small RPM increase in gears 2 through 6.

Old 10-16-2011, 03:34 PM
nvsteve
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 72 Likes on 50 Posts

Reading from instruction sheet. Place the inner spacer (thick) from the kit into compensator bowl bore.
The thinner spacer goes on the opposite side.

Old 10-16-2011, 03:37 PM
nvsteve
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 72 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by X Iron Butt
Scott,
Let us know how you like this. I am contemplating doing the same. My biggest concern is if I do a cam change if I will still like it or find out I didn't need it. I would like to see a small RPM increase in gears 2 through 6.
I did it earlier this year and like it a lot. Not a huge difference but very noticeable. Another forum member (iclick) put 255 cams in his 07 and doesn't feel he needs the lower gearing.

Old 10-17-2011, 11:13 AM
scottdoege
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Do IT !!!

Got the 68T IDS pully installed along with a variable pressure clutch plate and all I have to say is WOW.!!!! Definitely a must DO for all those out there with 07's. I didn't know how much the gearing sucked until I did this mod. It's like I have a new bike. It is much "peppier" and a lot more fun to ride. Plus the gearing is mush more in tune with the RPMs.

Previously I had installed a D&D fatcat 2-into-1 exhaust, a high flow air cleaner, a Power Commander 5 with Auto Tune and Woods TW6 cams and the bike was still a dog. Finally with this pulley swap the bike is starting to pep up. Kinda like my old 99 dyna. My next (winter) mod is to install a 30T primary drive pully. Can't wait !!! This should make the bike fly......

A MUST DO,

Scott