Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Do you have it?
Yes
44.44%
No
55.56%
What the.....?
0%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

LED King Tour-PakŪ Brake/Turn/Tail Lamp Kit

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2011, 01:12 AM
Woollymonster
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LED King Tour-PakŪ Brake/Turn/Tail Lamp Kit

Has anyone installed this light kit on their King Tour-Pak?
PN 67932-11

Classic?
Ultra Classic?
Limited?

What did you think of the kit and the installation?

Woolly

Old 10-16-2011, 01:51 AM
Woollymonster
Cruiser

Bueller? Bueller?

Old 10-16-2011, 06:00 AM
aviscomi
Grand HDF Member
Received 424 Likes on 255 Posts

I have the kit installed on the color matched detachable Tourpak for my 2010 SG. Took me about an hour+ just make sure you align the template for drilling the holes correctly.

Attached Thumbnails -2010_sg.jpg  
Old 10-16-2011, 09:09 AM
Woollymonster
Cruiser

Originally Posted by aviscomi
I have the kit installed on the color matched detachable Tourpak for my 2010 SG. Took me about an hour+ just make sure you align the template for drilling the holes correctly.
Where do you disconnect the electrics when you disconnect the Tour-Pak?
Did the mounting bolts spin when you tightened them?

Woolly

Old 10-16-2011, 10:43 AM
Woollymonster
Cruiser
Default Disapointed

I for one was pretty disappointed in this light kit and I'll tell you why.

1) All but one of the seven main mounting bolts at the rear of the pack spun when tightening. The center bolt grabbed but the other 6 just spin. There are 4 screws, 2 on each side that screw in from the inside of the Tour-Pak and they snugged up fine. The light kit is not going to fall off but it doesn't fit flush against the Pak. Water will get in it for sure. I'm still investigating if there is a way to get to the head of those mounting bolts in order to torque them.

2) Mounting the supplied antena mounts from the inside snugs up the molding on the outside. My Classic only has one antenna so, the molding has a visible gap on the right side where the other antenna would go. Water will get in there too. And it looks tacky.

3) Connection of the main harness and stabilizer on the INSIDE of the Pak is done with a Molex 150 sealed connector. Whaaattt??? I guess you might need that if your where planning on putting an aquarium in your Tour-Pak. Interestingly enough, the external harness that connects to your bike's lighting system (under the seat) is done with a simple open air 6 pin connector.

Well in the process of trying to seat all those janky little Molex pins, I broke one of them. I soldered it but no way it is fitting in that tiny little socket now. So when the dealer opens Tuesday, I will have to take it there and see if they have the tools and skill to crimp up a new Molex pin.

Where the engineers smoking dope on this thing? Any and all help appreciated.

Woolly

Old 10-16-2011, 10:50 AM
IAMSWUTIAMS
Extreme HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Will lurk on this one.

Old 10-16-2011, 10:50 AM
Egras2k
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I am considering the smoked lens' from Custom Dynamics instead. My pockes are not deep enough.

Old 10-16-2011, 11:05 AM
Woollymonster
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Egras2k
I am considering the smoked lens' from Custom Dynamics instead. My pockes are not deep enough.
Yes I was considering that too but someone on this forum had said this kit from Harley is the "cat's ***". So I got it.

I put the Custom Dynamics LED's in my turn signals and used their stabilizer unit and Triple Play to convert the rears into a run/brake/turn unit. Could not be more pleased with their product. Since I have drilled the holes for this Harley kit in my Pak, I am at the point of no return unless I want to replace the Tour-Pak! Guess I learned another lesson about Harley after market products.

By the way if anyone is wondering, the Harley LED kit was marked "Made in USA".

Woolly

Last edited by Woollymonster; 10-16-2011 at 11:09 AM.
Old 10-16-2011, 11:08 AM
jeffreydsilver
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 163 Likes on 112 Posts
Default Oh S***!

That's my "winter " mod! I bought the drill bits a while back and have been either at work or riding with the wife since. As for the antenna mounts, I don't have any antennas. I plan on stuffing the holes with paper/cotton and filling in the tops with black silicon. That should keep them water tite. While the pak is off I'll install the HD replacement hinges I bought also.

Old 10-16-2011, 11:21 AM
Woollymonster
Cruiser

Originally Posted by jeffreydsilver
That's my "winter " mod! I bought the drill bits a while back and have been either at work or riding with the wife since. As for the antenna mounts, I don't have any antennas. I plan on stuffing the holes with paper/cotton and filling in the tops with black silicon. That should keep them water tite. While the pak is off I'll install the HD replacement hinges I bought also.
I am not at home right now or I would take a picture of the antenna mounts to show what I'm talking about there. The kit comes with two plugs that neatly fit into the hole where the antenna would screw in. Filling it with silicon would be a good idea too.

But there is a 3/4" nut that snugs up the external moulding to the back of the Pak when you install the antennas. Without the nut, the moulding will not snug up to the Pak. It's no problem to fill the hole where the antenna would otherwise go.

Thinking of fabricating the hardware to install a dummy mount on the right side to snug it up flush. Shouldn't be this hard huh?

Quick Reply: LED King Tour-PakŪ Brake/Turn/Tail Lamp Kit