Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ordered the HD Reach Seat

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2011, 06:12 PM
FL-kruzen
Road Master
Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
Red face Ordered the HD Reach Seat

Okay boys and Girls, I just bought the "Reach" seat on Ebay for a little less than $200. I just got my bike last Saturday and it's been freaken raining every day since I bought it. The seath that came with it wasn't a touring seat. Anyway, being 5'7" I needed to get flat footed and off my toes and closer to the controls. So I'm hoping this will wotk for me and my Ultra Classic.

Anyone have experience with the Reach seat they can share?

Old 10-18-2011, 07:11 PM
fishbust
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Reach will move you more forward than down. Not necessarily a bad thing but will feel weird at first and not quite the lowering that you are hoping for.

To supplement, watch ebay for the rear lowering kits. They are very cost effective and helpful, come with 2 adjustment settings. The first setting will make a big difference. The lower of the 2 settings will lower more but with good tires and leaning way over sometimes you will drag kickstand and will also be more difficult to get a bike jack under it, if you do your own work. But either way, it is good to have choices.

Old 10-18-2011, 08:33 PM
C908
Road Warrior
Received 48 Likes on 38 Posts

I'm 5'7 with a 2010 Ultra Classic and also needed to be flat footed. I considered the reach seat but instead went with the stock Low seat.I am flat footed but it's a stretch. I considered the lowering kits but enough people convinced me not to give up any clearance unless you have to. I know there are some riders very happy with the lowering kits and the same goes for the low profile shocks. I am still interested in the Sport Touring seat by C & C but have been unable to confirm if this seat sits any lower than the stock Low.You have some different choices to consider but if money is a factor the lowering kits are the least expensive.

Old 10-18-2011, 11:08 PM
Ultra89Rider
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I am also 5'7". I have an '09 Road Glide. My RG is the same hight as the Ultra. It is not lowered like the Street Glide or the Road Glide Classic.
The first year I rode it with the stock seat. It was lower than the Ultra seat, but I was not comfortable and not flat footed.
I bought the reach seat and wow, what a difference. I can reach the ground with both feet flat. It did move me up closer to the gas tank. But it is nothing I can't live with.

I think you will find you too will find you can reach the ground better.

Old 10-18-2011, 11:37 PM
Alter Kaker
Senior Rider
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Reach Seat

I also have an '09 FLHTC, and am 5'8" (I tell myself).
Got the reach seat and it's good for me, even though I prefer sitting back. One thaing that made all the difference to me was a back rest. A real pleasure to ride Canada to California & back every year.

Old 10-19-2011, 09:59 AM
Bigiron
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

5'7" and ride a 2010 Limited. Installed the Super Reduced Reach seat and 12" Progressive 412's. The seat is a nut-crusher, but I can comfortably reach the handlebars and my feet are flat on the ground. May send the seat to MCC for "softening".

Old 10-19-2011, 10:18 AM
Dionicio
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

The Reach Seat got Me flat footed on My 08UC, and it's comfortable.

Old 10-19-2011, 06:39 PM
lowrider56
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I put the reach seat on my flht when I got it six years ago. Many miles later I am still satisfied. Puts my feet flat on the ground and it's comfortable as well. I think you'll like the stability it will give you.

Old 10-19-2011, 07:05 PM
FL-kruzen
Road Master
Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Hey, thanks so much for your valued response. When I get it installed and ride witrh it I will give you my opinon.

Thanks again...

Old 10-19-2011, 07:53 PM
Chunker
Road Warrior
Received 65 Likes on 46 Posts

There are 3 versions of the reach seats for the new touring, reach, super reach, and what should be called super dooper reach. Don't think they will work with backrest. Mustang said it would not with theirs, so imagine neither would HD's

Quick Reply: Ordered the HD Reach Seat