Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HOG member benefits ???

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2011, 07:23 PM
blarg
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't use the HOG discount, but I get a similiar 20% discount through work on AT&T and Verizon. I've had both.

"Qualifying" plans means any plans that they offer discounts on. Generally that means all the plans except the very cheapest one and the unlimited one. With some carriers/plans you may also get a break on some phones and accessories.

AT&T also charges $20 or $30 to sign up for the discount.

Old 10-20-2011, 07:53 PM
zoozoo
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 29,149 Likes on 7,983 Posts

I sure am glad I hang around this forum. My AT&T cell bill is $240 a month. That's going to be a savings of $40 a month. I had no idea that HOG members got that benefit.

Thanks for the heads up!

Old 10-20-2011, 07:59 PM
steelerdude1
Grand HDF Member
Received 283 Likes on 215 Posts

Originally Posted by zoozoo
I sure am glad I hang around this forum. My AT&T cell bill is $240 a month. That's going to be a savings of $40 a month. I had no idea that HOG members got that benefit.

Thanks for the heads up!
Yeah, @ almost 300 bills per month to AT&T I'll be saving $50/month, with the membership being 45/ year, It's well worth it for me.

Old 10-20-2011, 08:03 PM
jackhis
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by sanlyn
I always took the "government" discount before HOG, the HOG A&T discount is a little better.
I am with Verizonwireless, and I get 15% - 20% off my monthly payment (gov employee) with 3 phones (2 with unlimited data plan).
I think I will stay with Verizon for now.

Old 10-20-2011, 08:50 PM
broziff
Tourer

[QUOTE=
Does anyone know what plans qualify? --- If I qualify for the discount, my membership will pay for itself in the first month of savings from AT&T, cause I have a pretty hefty cell bill. (3 smart phones with data plans, an 2 regular phones.)

Thanks![/QUOTE]

On my plan its a 1400 family plan and its 17% off the rate plan only. If I go in and try to change my plan it shows the discount on all the other family plans too so I assume all of them. It does not include any of your features like - add a line, data, messaging none of that just your talk rate plan only. It is still a deal.

Old 10-21-2011, 08:04 AM
FLUltrarider
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Fortunately, I work for a huge company that uses AT&T for it's phone network. I checked and my corporate discount was the better deal for me. It's just my opinion, but I actually haven't found much useful from HOG other than as someone previously stated you get shiny pins and patches at the various "major" bike events, which really isn't a benefit for me. I have a better roadside service plan through AAA, the road atlas/touring guide is nice, but laptops and Google Maps have made it obsolete, and the bi-monthly or whenever HOG magazine isn't too interesting either. I went on a couple of rides and meetings with the local chapter and their idea of fun and mine are two different ideas. Unless you're also a member of the local chapter you don't get any kind of recognition at the dealership as in discounts on merchandise and service. For some people they like it, and if it's your thing that's great.

Old 10-21-2011, 01:23 PM
Ultra89Rider
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by FLUltrarider
Unless you're also a member of the local chapter you don't get any kind of recognition at the dealership as in discounts on merchandise and service. For some people they like it, and if it's your thing that's great.
That depends on the Dealer. Some don't offer any kind of discount to anyone. Some to only members of their chapter. Some (Like Quaid's in Loma Linda, CA) give a 10% to any National HOG member. You just show the HOG card and you're good to go.

Some have started to use a "VIP" discount program. If you buy a membership, you get a discount. The more you spend (per year) the bigger the discount. Laidlaw's HD in CA once gave a "Safety Employee" discount to LEO and FF. as well as to HOG. But they switched. Now, unless you buy into their "VIP" program, you get nothing. They don't recognize HOG at all.

So, like I said. Some do, some don't. Check around and find the dealer that will give the best.

Old 10-21-2011, 02:24 PM
reesestewww
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

I use the 17% and it saves me lots money. i was just telling my wife yesterday that is the only real reason for us to have HOG. And the towing...

Old 10-21-2011, 02:54 PM
DannyZ71
Extreme HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

You guys crack me up. Thousands of dollars for a motorcycle, and you join HOG to get a phone discount.

Old 10-21-2011, 02:57 PM
zoozoo
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 29,149 Likes on 7,983 Posts

Originally Posted by DannyZ71
You guys crack me up. Thousands of dollars for a motorcycle, and you join HOG to get a phone discount.
To buy one, no. To help pay the monthly bill, yes. Why not? I'm going to have the phone no matter what.

Quick Reply: HOG member benefits ???