Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Power Vision - No ECU

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2012, 08:09 PM
hattitude
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,401 Likes on 4,012 Posts

Originally Posted by V2Evo96
Maybe someone could help me with this question.

I presently have a RevPerformance EMS tuner (bought from Jamie at FM) which required the ECM to be sent to RevPerf for their 'flash'.

If I were to swap to a PV would there be anything I would have to do with the ECM before the PV map would work?

Would I lose the RevPerf flash if I ever wanted to go back to it?

Shot in the dark with this one but any replies apreciated.
Unless RevPerformance locked the ECM with their tune, you will be able to save it on the PV and then download Jaime's tune. You will be able to switch back & forth between the two at will......

Note:I haven't heard/read of locking a tune on a Harley ECM, but it happens with custom tunes in the corvette world frequently......

Old 12-04-2012, 10:47 PM
V2Evo96
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks hattitude--

None of the RevPerf literature suggests it's locked to the ECM but need to know for sure before I consider changing to the PV.

I like the RevPerf EMS-- it has been working well and a very easy install with plenty of performance, but having a couple of issues with high idle and not sure if they are related to the RevPerf EMS or otherwise.

I have a query in with Jamie on the above issue but he hasn't had time to reply as yet.

Old 12-04-2012, 11:45 PM
mgmmgm
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default And

Originally Posted by TUCCI
Your not kidding, If the internet and forums were around when I was ridding Harley's before I never woulda gotten away from them cuz all I need is in this forum.... Thanks to all who take the time to make a difference.
+1 , I appreciate the insightful help of others on the forum.

Old 12-05-2012, 10:48 AM
Joe12RK
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,410 Likes on 880 Posts

Thanks hattitude--

None of the RevPerf literature suggests it's locked to the ECM but need to know for sure before I consider changing to the PV.

I like the RevPerf EMS-- it has been working well and a very easy install with plenty of performance, but having a couple of issues with high idle and not sure if they are related to the RevPerf EMS or otherwise.

I have a query in with Jamie on the above issue but he hasn't had time to reply as yet.
While you are waiting for Jamie, you can always ask RevPerf...

Old 12-05-2012, 03:16 PM
V2Evo96
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks hattitude--

Originally Posted by Joe12RK
While you are waiting for Jamie, you can always ask RevPerf...
Thanks -- I did ask RevPerf and the reply was very ambiguous.
I'm not going to spend another $120 on postage 2 ways and 2 -3 weeks downtime to send my ECM to the states from Australia for them to have a look at it.
Probably a bad choice on my part initially to install a tuner so 'far way' from the manufacturer but I only figured I'd have to send my ECM to RevPerf 1 time to install their map.
The bike runs great and the simplicity of installing the Rev EMS system is second to none. Besides, it is plausible that it may not be the tuner/map doing the high idle thing.
Plenty of other reports on the later model FI bikes going high idle due to other issues so I need to exhaust the other possibilities first before going back to RevPerf again.