Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Police Seat on Street Glide

Old 11-30-2011, 09:24 AM
knewt5
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The actual seat looks ike it wold be comfortable and help solve my problem. I have a bony butt and the "Sit bones" are bearing all of the pressure when I sit. That seat looks recesssed right where my sit bones would be.

I definitely struggle with the way it looks and not sure about the upright positioning.

Right now I'm using a Mustang Solo with an AirHawk. I'd rather not have to use the AirHawk and just find a seat that is comfortable to me. I've had my stock seat modified and it was butchered. I tried a C&C solo and it was too thin, firm and transfered a ton of heat...this is a real pain in the ***

Old 11-30-2011, 09:48 AM
airbike
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Last edited by airbike; 11-30-2011 at 09:59 AM.
Old 11-30-2011, 09:59 AM
airbike
Advanced

This is a very comfortable seat and looks ugly enough that I think it looks good. Only thing I don't like is that I have to tip toe when I stop because it sits high. It's also a slight pain to swap seats back and forth because this one bolts on in several places.

Eric

Old 11-30-2011, 04:29 PM
knewt5
Road Master

Looks badass on your bike...all balcked out.

My rear fender is scuffed up pretty badly from the stock seat so I would have to address that somehow as well

Old 11-30-2011, 07:15 PM
dougbk
Road Master
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

You can also get a backrest for the police seat, which is made by Utopia. I have one on my work ride. They are definately a comfortable seat, but I think they take away from the lines of the SG.

Old 11-30-2011, 09:12 PM
knewt5
Road Master

I've got a buddy with a cop seat so I'll throw it on and see how it looks...I don't have high hopes. Just looking to find a comfortable situation that looks great on the bikes

Old 11-30-2011, 10:36 PM
ocezam
Road Master
Received 96 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by boogaloodude
I pulled the air seat off my ex-police Road King for two reasons. First, and most important, it just wasn't that comfortable. It's great for slow speed handling in the parking lot, but I do a lot of long days, and sitting bolt upright, pushed towards the gas tank just wasn't comfortable. I like to stretch out, and prefer a seat that sits lower and further back. Secondly, it's not the best looking seat, and the cheap-***, 50-cent plastic tray that covers the battery was the last straw. Sold the whole thing on ebay, changed to a Corbin and would never go back.
What he said!

Old 12-01-2011, 07:29 PM
ebigfish
Road Captain

Originally Posted by dougbk
You can also get a backrest for the police seat, which is made by Utopia. I have one on my work ride. They are definately a comfortable seat.
I went w/ the Utopia back rest and Helibars. the combination of cop seat, backrest and diff handle bars make for 1 sweet ride! (I need to update my pics...)

Old 10-07-2012, 07:30 AM
land of giants
Advanced

I put the Police Air seat on my 2010 R'King and find it very comfortable. I just sent insome tips on mounting it with a Mustang passenger seat.
Some issues when you use the 08 or 09 frame change bikes and the plastic cover when trying to mount the Mustang passenger seat.
I do wish it weren't so high. That is the only draw back I find. As to looks, I like it much better than the FLH Ultra couch seat I had put on . The stock seat is not near comfortable enough for this old *** so I have been trying all sorts of seats. This is it for me. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder!

Old 08-05-2018, 04:21 PM
Robert C. Laus
Stage I
Default Police seat on 2017 Electraglide

Originally Posted by knewt5
Anyone done this...pics?

Just finished easy install bought the seat and parts on ebay rail from JP Attached the rail to the seat pan with rivnuts.to hide the tank wires I made a cover from kydex.
o

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Police Seat on Street Glide