Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

questions for those with a D&D Fatcat!

Old 12-27-2011, 09:24 PM
nightrider05
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default questions for those with a D&D Fatcat!

Installed my fat cat today and most of it went together alright, buuuuut the rear hanger and the mount of the muffler will not line up. the muffler is offset to the right about 4 inches and i cant push it far enough over without putting alot of stress on the pipe. anyone else had this problem? plus the front head pipe contacts the right floorboard.

So the two questions is mostly
-the mount issue (granted as i type this i realize i didnt tighted back to front, might be the issue)
-and then the headpipe issue (i think i read something about a spacer or something??

This is a pipe i got off the great Craigslist so i hope i dont annoy people with questions about used stuff. but i did get the whole set up for 100$ who coulda left it hahah......Thanks for the help folks!

Old 12-27-2011, 09:30 PM
JetD
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default (My) Dumb Question

OK, I know it's presumptious, but since it was a craiglist buy-- is the pipe the correct one for your bike? (Had to ask, my apologies).
On the floorboard, this is a great time to install floorboard spacers moving them forward and out for more comfort and fitting the pipes (worked great for me).
On the muffler fitment, I never had that issue, so I can't/won't respond...
Good luck on a viable solution.

Old 12-27-2011, 09:50 PM
nightrider05
Tourer

Im sorry should have specified, Yes im 95% sure it should fit my bike. It came off of a 2002 road king. I have a 2005 road glide so as far as I know it should bolt up.

thanks for the imput JetD, the spacers did cross my mind but not sure if they are in the budget, i am crawling through Craigslist after all

Old 12-27-2011, 10:40 PM
nightrider05
Tourer

anyone else want to chime in? i kno there lots of you out there...

Old 12-28-2011, 09:09 AM
bsj04
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Post some pictures. It's will be easier for people to help you out

Old 12-28-2011, 09:56 AM
skydude426
Club Member
Received 385 Likes on 221 Posts

Pictures would help.

Old 12-28-2011, 11:31 AM
1Felix1
Advanced

You can purchase the necessary two bolts one inch longer than stock and two chrome spacers from ace hardware for less than 15 bucks. I think that will help you. I have installed several d&d systems and had mine off several times for various mods. I have found that if you loose fit everything before tightening anything it is a lot easier. Make sure that the mounting tab by the transmission is below the tab on the headers. Good luck

Old 12-28-2011, 11:33 AM
1Felix1
Advanced

The bolts and spacers are for moving out your floorboard. Sry.

Old 12-28-2011, 11:59 AM
Biggzed
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 230 Likes on 150 Posts

I know some pipe manufacturers provide floorboard spacers with their exhaust, so having to space out the right board is not uncommon.

I would try loosening everything up and see if you can move the muffler where it needs to be. Everything I have read about D&D pipes is they fit very well.

Almost sounds like the pipe was made for the newer 6 spd with wide tire bikes. Did you see it mounted on the '02 Road King? Does it have O2 sensor bungs in it? Getting stuff of Craigslist is a crap shoot, but for $100 I'd have done it to.

Zach

Old 12-28-2011, 12:16 PM
$tonecold
Club Member
Received 1,731 Likes on 927 Posts

Yes you do have to space the right floorboard out I think about 3/4 of an inch. If the pipe is for the late models there will be an offset in the pipes 6" to a foot before the mufflers. Also check to make sure the transmission mount is correct. It makes a difference if the tab is placed on the top or bottom of the mount, but I can't remember which is correct. The model # that should fit your bike is 506-32B. Call D&D and ask them to fax or e-mail the instructions to you. Their number is 817-834-8961.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: questions for those with a D&D Fatcat!