Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone bought parts from Surdyke.com??

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2012, 03:37 PM
blarg
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by X Iron Butt
I have an order in with LSHD1 now. As I was building my wish list I noticed their shipping was more than Sudyke but their part prices were lower on several parts. The total order was $0.23 more than Surdyke after shipping on a $185 order but Surdyke had 3 parts I wanted they did not sell so I went with LSHD1. It pays to shop em.
I haven't bought anything this year yet, but sounds like I'll have to put my list together and see how much it comes out to on both....last time I ordered from Surdyke they had free shipping.

Mostly, if I can ditch the near-10% Commiefornia sales tax, I'm happy. I'd rather pay FexEx to deliver it to my house than sales tax for....uh....fixing the roads? no, they don't do that....first-rate education? nope....low crime rate? not so much.....well, whatever it is I'm paying for, I'm sure it's great but I'd rather give my money to a private enterprise.

Old 01-31-2012, 03:40 PM
X Iron Butt
Supporter
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by plutnicki
LSHD1 accepts Chrome Cash certificate? Online? Now that would be something because I have a big fat certificate that needs spending and I was sort of resigned to getting ripped off by a local dealer for it.

How do they do that, is it over the phone or somesuch?

That would make my day.
Set up your account at LSHD1 and call Bill Sparks. He will send you an e mail to the address on your account telling you what to do.

Old 01-31-2012, 03:57 PM
plutnicki
Road Master
Received 40 Likes on 25 Posts
Default Yup

Have one, already e-mailed him and he already responded (like really fast too, makes me remember why I order from there). Makes me a little nervous to do, but seems like it would be worth it to try.

Originally Posted by X Iron Butt
Set up your account at LSHD1 and call Bill Sparks. He will send you an e mail to the address on your account telling you what to do.

Old 01-31-2012, 04:04 PM
X Iron Butt
Supporter
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I made copies and sent certified. Probably won't send cert next time it was a few more $$ and I didn't need it.

Old 01-31-2012, 04:29 PM
djl
HDF Community Team

Received 2,030 Likes on 1,498 Posts

Surdyke is a little more expensive than say Lakeshore or Newcastle (Zanottis is off line and transfered their online parts operation to Newcastle). Surdyke pops you on the shipping cost and a marginal price bump on some parts. Recently price the same order at Lakeshore and Surdyke; Surdyke was $555 and Lakeshore was $550. About a month ago I priced the same order at Surdyke and Newcastle and the results was about the same; Newcastle was more than 10% cheaper.

Old 01-31-2012, 05:11 PM
speedwaysteve
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ive had good luck with surdyke hd.good service

Old 01-31-2012, 05:15 PM
TUCCI
Extreme HDF Member
Received 218 Likes on 167 Posts

Originally Posted by Milehighturbo
I was just curious if anyone has bought from this online dealer?? good,bad?? they have some good prices
yes I bought my Heritage bars from them...would buy again.

Old 01-31-2012, 05:30 PM
blarg
Road Captain

Originally Posted by djl
Surdyke is a little more expensive than say Lakeshore or Newcastle (Zanottis is off line and transfered their online parts operation to Newcastle). Surdyke pops you on the shipping cost and a marginal price bump on some parts. Recently price the same order at Lakeshore and Surdyke; Surdyke was $555 and Lakeshore was $550. About a month ago I priced the same order at Surdyke and Newcastle and the results was about the same; Newcastle was more than 10% cheaper.
$5 in $555 is just under 1%, not 10%....unless you're talking about another order you didn't mention in your post.

Old 01-31-2012, 05:41 PM
JRBass
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have not bought from their .com site but live close enough and have been shopping there before. Good bunch of people but for me it means sales tax so my last big order was zanotti's which in an earlier post i see is now offline.. guess next will be lshd1 or somebody...

Old 01-31-2012, 05:56 PM
In2It
Road Captain

It's sad that a good majority of us have to go online to save a few bucks instead of our local dealer giving us a discount.I just don't understand some dealers logic as far as keeping local customers happy.

Quick Reply: Anyone bought parts from Surdyke.com??