Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Custom Rear Fascia for Street Glide Installed

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2012, 10:16 AM
131tman
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

CVO fender with FLHX tri-lite

Old 02-02-2012, 10:24 AM
bkingjr
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Fatboy Brian
Dang man that looks great. I'm getting ready to have my new bags painted and the bags with the stock fascia just doesn't look right. I've been trying to decide if I want to drop the cash on the CVO set up or fab my own like you did. Seems like a lot of work. How much would you sell them for?
Thanks Fatboy Brian!

I really like the CVO set-up and was going to go that route until I noticed that the facia doesn't meet the bag perfectly even on the CVO.

Our plan is to provide a custom made fascia that bolts on for $400 max including shipping. We are also looking at a set-up that will look good with most any exhaust that would be $350 max. Metal cost and the time are being considered along with shipping.
We can adjust the contours for your application, taking into consideration your pipe size 3 1/2" or 4" and your desired depth(although I don't recommend anything beyond 3" or 5 3/4" total - stock fascia is 2 3/4" total), plus this will eliminate the antenna holes. You could even send a template if you'd like so the bag contour would be matched exactly. Once you receive it - take it to a shop for prep and paint, then bolt it on! We want to make these affordable, however there is a lot of time spent on these by the fabricator. Especially with the precise cut-outs for the tri-bar light.

Once we determine if there is a need for these (based on 50 orders, we will have a website & be able to accept credit cards, paypal, etc...

Old 02-02-2012, 10:24 AM
hougz79
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think your custom fascia turned out great. Love the look and congrats to go with the satisfaction you must. Very well done. I also don't like when people put on extended bags without tending to the fender.

Old 02-02-2012, 10:27 AM
bkingjr
Intermediate

Originally Posted by hougz79
I think your custom fascia turned out great. Love the look and congrats to go with the satisfaction you must. Very well done. I also don't like when people put on extended bags without tending to the fender.
Thanks Hougz79!

I couldn't agree more! Extended bags look awesome, but I always notice the rear fascia. I think the 2 must be done together.

Old 02-02-2012, 10:34 AM
bkingjr
Intermediate

Originally Posted by 131tman
My exhaust is "centered".
Gaps look "skewed" in your angled pic - post a shot like below for comparison!
Yours do look perfectly centered. I found a 1/16" to 1/4" variance on most touring models. Most of the time it's due to an exhaust adjustment. I just snapped this picture. Gaps are the same on both sides according to my tape.

Attached Thumbnails Custom Rear Fascia for Street Glide Installed-2012-02-02_10-55-22_288.jpg  
Old 02-02-2012, 10:34 AM
Fatboy Brian
Grand HDF Member
Received 464 Likes on 191 Posts

The thing that surprises me the most is the stock lights don't look out of place at all with that set up. The problem with the CVO set up is I've not really seen the light in the daytime and question if there bright enough. I can see you selling a bunch of those. Keep us posted.

Old 02-02-2012, 10:41 AM
bkingjr
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Fatboy Brian
The thing that surprises me the most is the stock lights don't look out of place at all with that set up. The problem with the CVO set up is I've not really seen the light in the daytime and question if there bright enough. I can see you selling a bunch of those. Keep us posted.
Thanks! I agree.

This set up allows you to keep the stock rear fender. If you go the CVO route, you need to replace the fender, because there are mounting areas where the light bar goes. I changed my rear lights to LED's and even added LED's to the factory run/brake tri-bar in order to match the brightness of my turn signals. I think the stock lights on both FLHX and CVO's are fine and seen easily. I just wanted to brighten things up. Plus the LED's last forever. I had already changed one of my turn signals after only 5 months.

Hey, it's not for everyone. I think it looks awesome though.

Old 02-02-2012, 10:44 AM
bkingjr
Intermediate

Originally Posted by 12limited
That looks great...now if I could just afford the long bags and street glide fender to install on my Limted.
This is a lot less $. No need for a whole fender with this. Looks great with regular bags as well I think.

Last edited by bkingjr; 02-02-2012 at 10:45 AM. Reason: wrong input
Old 02-02-2012, 10:47 AM
bkingjr
Intermediate

Originally Posted by 131tman
CVO fender with FLHX tri-lite
Love it 131tman! Looks awesome. I just was trying to find an alternative to replacing the fender.

Old 02-02-2012, 10:57 AM
bkingjr
Intermediate

Originally Posted by leohd
be a market if he was to make em like the cvo rear set up where the piece would look good with or without the extended bags
I will have to put one on a bike with the regular bags. I did prior to selling mine, but didn't take pictures. It looks good with both regular and extended bags I think. We are actually making one for a friend with the pretty blue, flame, pearl white 2010 CVO. We are making the cut out for his lights in the side pieces. I will post a pic when it's on.

Quick Reply: Custom Rear Fascia for Street Glide Installed