Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Custom Rear Fascia for Street Glide Installed

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2012, 11:03 AM
131tman
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Poor symmetry...you said you were an OCD perfectionist & your fabricator was one of the best! Plate frame crooked? Right muffler mount not square causing your angle issue? Good luck with the venture!

Last edited by 131tman; 02-02-2012 at 11:43 AM.
Old 02-02-2012, 11:41 AM
bkingjr
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 131tman
Imperfect symmetry...you said you were an OCD perfectionist & your fabricator was one of the best! Plate frame also crooked?
You are correct. I'll have to pull it off and fix it. Looks terrible. Thanks for your help!

The bike is leaning left on the kick stand...

Old 02-02-2012, 11:41 AM
pit1600
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Is it possible to have one for older models, without trilight cuts which accept CVO lights? shipping to France will be possible? for around 400, i'm very interrested

Old 02-02-2012, 12:09 PM
07FLHT
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by bkingjr
I will have to put one on a bike with the regular bags. I did prior to selling mine, but didn't take pictures. It looks good with both regular and extended bags I think. We are actually making one for a friend with the pretty blue, flame, pearl white 2010 CVO. We are making the cut out for his lights in the side pieces. I will post a pic when it's on.
Volunteering to be the first R&D guinea pig! Fab one up for my 07, paint it black & ship it to me for free and I'll send you all the pics you want without extended bags! LOL!

Seriously, LOOKS GREAT! Congrats & good luck in your venture!

Old 02-02-2012, 01:32 PM
utlonghorns416
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why didn't you have the seam welded if its metal, why bolt it on? It would look better with out that seam. Great job on the fab work.

Old 02-02-2012, 03:42 PM
ICIBUY
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Looks just about like the one I have :-)

Mine is a Milwaukee Bagger Street Sweeper piece, which they dont offer with the tri-bar light. I had the tri-bar light cut out by my body shop. However... their piece is made out of fiberglass. The problem I had is after only 5000 miles I have stress cracks in the paint right at the bottom corners where the actual fender stops... adding the little bit of extra weight of the tri-bar light may of helped create the extra flexing down there but it is something I couldnt live with. Therefore I'm currently switching out my entire fender for a FBI setup. Another problem to consider before you mass produce. When you get caught in the rain... you will have road grime, little rocks, etc sneak through the seem at your fender and fasica piece... which then vibrates just a little causing little chips in your paint all along that seem. That is what happened to mine anyway. The nice thing about your piece is... it is all metal so it should'nt flex as much or at all. It looks good, I hope it works out for you, and I think a lot of guys will love it once you get it all figured out. Just thought I would share my personal field experiences with a similar piece. Cheers!

Old 02-02-2012, 03:44 PM
ICIBUY
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by utlonghorns416
Why didn't you have the seam welded if its metal, why bolt it on? It would look better with out that seam. Great job on the fab work.
I thought the same thing when I first seen that it was metal... only problem with welding it is that then you will need to paint the entire set up fender and all... which is a lot more $ and work... which in turn may defeat the purpose of this easy bolt on piece rather than the entire fender swap. Just my $0.02.

Old 02-02-2012, 08:06 PM
BDHABT
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Would it be possible to make one without the cutouts for the exhaust?I have 4" extended bags without exhaust holes,and think your piece would look great without the cutouts on my application.

Thanks.
Mark.

Old 02-02-2012, 08:09 PM
leohd
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by 131tman
Poor symmetry...you said you were an OCD perfectionist & your fabricator was one of the best! Plate frame crooked? Right muffler mount not square causing your angle issue? Good luck with the venture!
I was think'n the same thing...like nuthen is lined up right

Old 02-02-2012, 09:02 PM
ocezam
Road Master
Received 96 Likes on 62 Posts

Mine is a $150 fiberglass piece I bought off eBay. I cut about 3" off the bottom. It is now 1" longer than a Street Glide piece. I riveted it on then molded it in with fiberglass mat. Painted it myself with paint from ColorRite. I've got less than $225 in it.

Quick Reply: Custom Rear Fascia for Street Glide Installed