Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New for Road King: Independent control of passing lights

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2012, 06:58 PM
mgmmgm
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Keithhu
No, but this one will: http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/g...bmLocale=en_US

Instructions: http://www.harley-davidson.com/en_US...ts/-J05534.pdf

(why there are no instructions for 69200442 is beyond me)
instructions came with my 69200442

Old 02-19-2012, 07:04 PM
coz300
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dan conner
way kewl-does it come in chrome? JK. calling dealer later this morning to make sure they have one and when they can install it.
You can do it yourself in about five mins.

Old 02-19-2012, 07:27 PM
roadhog96
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There is a way to jump the passing lights into the high beam circuit without cutting wires and leaving the stock factory connector intact. I did this mod years ago to my RK and it took longer to take the trim ring and headlight out than to do the mod. It can be put back to stock if ever needed just as fast because like I said, no cut wires of connector was removed. I even swaped the passing lights switch with the aux. switch so now it's easier to turn them off if someone is comming the other way. I upgraded the headlight and passing bulbs to the PIAA Extreme White and if your on a back road at night with all three lights on it looks like daylight in front of you, it will literally blind on comming cars that's why you need to be able to get to the switch fast.

Last edited by roadhog96; 02-19-2012 at 07:35 PM.
Old 02-19-2012, 07:29 PM
roadhog96
Cruiser

There is a way to jump the passing lights into the high beam circuit without cutting wires and leaving the stock factory connector intact. I did this mod years ago to my RK and it took longer to take the trim ring and headlight out than to do the mod. It can be put back to stock if ever needed just as fast because like I said, no cut wires of connector was removed. I even swaped the passing lights switch with the aux. switch so now it's easier to turn them off if someone is comming the other way. I upgraded the headlight and passing bulbs to the PIAA Extreme White and if your on a back road at night with all three lights on it looks like daylight in front of you, it will literally blind on comming cars that's why you need to be able to get to the switch fast.

Old 02-21-2012, 08:35 AM
Tconnors810
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by roadhog96
Do you have a diagram on that?

Old 02-21-2012, 08:56 AM
Big ALbert
Tourer
Default Wiring harness

thanks for the info call my dealer now and get in one
you guys rock

Old 02-21-2012, 09:03 AM
Sailrider 1
Road Warrior
Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Tconnors810
Do you have a diagram on that?
yeah that !

Old 02-22-2012, 09:55 AM
Bingee
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 349 Likes on 222 Posts

Instructions for the 69200442 for my 2009 RKC didn't match the actual part. The wire connecting the ON/OFF switch thru the fuse is actually black. The instructions show it as O/W (orange with white). You'll be able to figure it out though. The idiot who made the thing wasn't able to. Also the spade connector on the switch end of the black wire is at a right angle to the wire. That makes pulling the insulation over it, like the instructions say, impossible. I was able to improvise an insulator from some shrink tube. (No shrink tube is included in this kit.) Another odd thing is that the original wire was actually soldered to the spade on the switch, something the instructions failed to point out. That added a bit to the time it took to install this kit.

So, for thirty bucks you'll get a couple of strands of wire, some cheap connectors all thrown together with an incorrect wiring diagram. As for quality and getting your money's worth? It just ain't there.

Old 02-22-2012, 03:58 PM
Tconnors810
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Bingee
Instructions for the 69200442 for my 2009 RKC didn't match the actual part. The wire connecting the ON/OFF switch thru the fuse is actually black. The instructions show it as O/W (orange with white). You'll be able to figure it out though. The idiot who made the thing wasn't able to. Also the spade connector on the switch end of the black wire is at a right angle to the wire. That makes pulling the insulation over it, like the instructions say, impossible. I was able to improvise an insulator from some shrink tube. (No shrink tube is included in this kit.) Another odd thing is that the original wire was actually soldered to the spade on the switch, something the instructions failed to point out. That added a bit to the time it took to install this kit.

So, for thirty bucks you'll get a couple of strands of wire, some cheap connectors all thrown together with an incorrect wiring diagram. As for quality and getting your money's worth? It just ain't there.

I agree. Same for my '03. What a joke. I'll be returning it tomorrow.

Old 03-31-2012, 10:57 PM
TheGrandPoohBah
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,524 Likes on 1,421 Posts

Returning mine tomorrow. FLHR diagram is misleading, colors are wrong, contact on back of lamp switch is wrong. Could be made to work with a splice or two, but why? The purchase was for plug and play. If I'm going to cut wires, I will do Dawg's mod and return the stupid harness - and collect those 30 bucks.
The instructions are written in "Milwaukeese".
Folks - beware of the harness for the FLHR models-

Quick Reply: New for Road King: Independent control of passing lights