Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Full Sac X-Pipe vs. Fuel Moto 2/1/2

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2012, 05:44 PM
Pine Tree

Received 1,964 Likes on 463 Posts

I went with Fullsac...and would again.

Old 02-07-2012, 05:58 PM
Keithhu
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,362 Likes on 2,617 Posts

Originally Posted by Pine Tree
I went with Fullsac...and would again.
I did too, very recently, only got a couple rides in, but she seems to run great, and I like the extra noise, LOL

Old 02-07-2012, 08:09 PM
'05Train
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 882 Likes on 439 Posts

I would argue that with a properly engineered pipe, stepping is unnecessary. I would also argue that coated stainless will last longer than mild steel (coated or not). I'd also argue that it says quite a bit about a manufacturer when they offer a lifetime warranty (no clue what Fullsac offers).

I ran a coated Jackpot 2:1:2 for 20,000 miles and did extensive TTS tuning with it. I can say beyond a shadow of a doubt that it (along with the 4" Dyno-Tuned Jackpot mufflers) performs every bit as well as a D&D Fatcat, if not a little better. I had the pipe on and off the bike at least half a dozen times, and it's a quality piece. I've had several lengthy conversations with Jamie regarding tuning and exhaust design, and he is without question knowledgeable about this stuff (I'm an amateur by comparison). And on top of that, you will not find any other company that deals in Harley parts and/or service that offers the level of service that Fuelmoto does, period. No fooling, if Jamie offered a Stage 1 for my BMW, I'd buy it.

I have never dealt with Steve at Fullsac. I know he has quite a following over on the CVO forum. It appears that he offers quality products and services as well, however I go with what I know, and at this point it's Fuelmoto.

Old 02-09-2012, 09:02 PM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,104 Likes on 1,339 Posts

I have never seen the other pipe first hand and can only speak for the Jackpot 2/1/2 however there are definitely differences between them. Our Jackpot head pipes are constructed completely from 304 stainless while the other is mild steel. Jackpot head pipes carry an industry leading Lifetime Warranty. Our pipe also has both 12mm and 18mm bungs which will support factory and aftermarket wideband sensors and we include plugs for them as well. Our pipes are completely CNC formed which not only will flow better as there are less joints and welds, but it allows us to use only 5 sections of tubing for the entire pipe instead of many more sections welded together. Our pipe has been tested in many, many applications, we have a wide range of dyno charts on our website and also have many PC-V, Power Vision, and Thundermax calibrations for our systems. We also offer an optional proprietary HTC inner/outer ceramic coating.

Jackpot true merge collector

Jamie Long / Fuel Moto USA
The USA's Leader V-Twin EFI & Performance www.fuelmotousa.com
Contact 920-423-3309
Email jamie@fuelmotousa.com

Old 08-02-2012, 02:50 AM
Port Dawg
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Bump for some more traffic

Old 08-02-2012, 10:44 AM
Airborne350G
Club Member
Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Both are good pipes. What made my decision was the excessive wait time with the Fuel Moto pipes.

Old 04-30-2013, 12:55 PM
P51Driver
Road Warrior
Received 195 Likes on 127 Posts

Hate to resurrect an older thread but this is a perfect place to ask my question.
I see the Fullsac X pipes have a CNC machined head flange. I am not sure about the flange on the FM Jackpots but it looks to me to be more squared off and not machined as precisely.
Any opinions on this flange dilemma, does one seal better that the other etc. ?????

Old 04-30-2013, 01:12 PM
Keithhu
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,362 Likes on 2,617 Posts

Originally Posted by smokindave
You can get the Fuel Moto pipe ceramic coated and it's S/S. Have read some people have scraped the X-pipe if you ride somewhat aggressive. No, you probably would not tell the difference. This is my third Fuel Moto exhaust and I have been very happy with the product. Good luck on your choice.
I think you're referring to power duals from V&H.

Both the X-Pipe from fullsac and Fuel Moto's 2-1-2 use the stock sheilds, so their lean angle would be exactly the same.

Old 05-01-2013, 11:54 AM
jblass
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I am thinking seriously of getting the Jackpot 2-1-2 headers. Can someone explain to me the benefits of ceramic coating the head pipes. My understanding so far is that it makes for better gas flow through the pipes and heat reduction on the outside of the pipes. If this is true is there enough benefit to justify the extra cost?

Old 06-26-2013, 02:04 PM
1450rdking
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am running the ful sac pipe and have been very satisfied with there product. There is one difference that is noticeable. When the heat shields are in place on the Ful Sac they do not line up just as perfectly as stock, whereas the Fuel Moto lines up just perfect. A friend of mine put the FM on his bike, this is when we noticed the difference. Also he had his FM pipe coated inside and out. Rode his bike when we were on a ride, so both bikes were good and hot. Could not notice any difference in exhaust heat from the two. Either pipe would be a good purchase. Have the jackpot 4" with the FS pipe and bike runs excellent. Made in the USA

Quick Reply: Full Sac X-Pipe vs. Fuel Moto 2/1/2