Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Full Sac X-Pipe vs. Fuel Moto 2/1/2

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2013, 03:15 PM
'05Train
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 882 Likes on 439 Posts

Originally Posted by jblass
I am thinking seriously of getting the Jackpot 2-1-2 headers. Can someone explain to me the benefits of ceramic coating the head pipes. My understanding so far is that it makes for better gas flow through the pipes and heat reduction on the outside of the pipes. If this is true is there enough benefit to justify the extra cost?
At the power levels we're talking about, there's going to be no noticeable performance benefit from the coating. The tangible benefits are reduced heat, and resistance to the elements.

I've bought two of them, both coated. If I were to buy another one (I would), it'd be coated too.

Old 06-27-2013, 03:20 PM
desertwolf
Road Master
Received 42 Likes on 27 Posts

Fullsac has shown since done away with the stepped header design. It is a much cleaner design now.They also have a new DX pipe that has a full size cross over tube. In back to back testing it has shown a broader powerband and significant increases in Stage II builds.

Old 06-27-2013, 04:05 PM
hawgs4evah
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the FM 2-1-2 head pipe with the ceramic coating. The installation was easy. Fit was perfect. This is important when the head pipe is all one assembly. Unlike the old EVO set up the flanges and seals have to fit perfectly to each cylinder head to avoid exhaust leaks at the head. I'm mentioning the dimensional precision just as a way to highlight the FM quality.

You could not go wrong with either set up functionally and you would not be able to tell the difference. I chose FM on the basis of warranty and customer service.

Old 06-27-2013, 05:48 PM
fireman9170
Road Captain

Originally Posted by fuelmoto
I have never seen the other pipe first hand and can only speak for the Jackpot 2/1/2 however there are definitely differences between them. Our Jackpot head pipes are constructed completely from 304 stainless while the other is mild steel. Jackpot head pipes carry an industry leading Lifetime Warranty. Our pipe also has both 12mm and 18mm bungs which will support factory and aftermarket wideband sensors and we include plugs for them as well. Our pipes are completely CNC formed which not only will flow better as there are less joints and welds, but it allows us to use only 5 sections of tubing for the entire pipe instead of many more sections welded together. Our pipe has been tested in many, many applications, we have a wide range of dyno charts on our website and also have many PC-V, Power Vision, and Thundermax calibrations for our systems. We also offer an optional proprietary HTC inner/outer ceramic coating.

Jackpot true merge collector
sent you an email

Old 06-27-2013, 06:46 PM
JCleary
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

I have the FM 2-1-2 with the HTC coating and a full size cross-over pipe, mated to 4" Rineharts. I like the setup, but I think if I were to do it again, I'd take a hard look at the Fullsac DX pipe with full size cross-over.

My FM still allows more exhaust out the right than the left. Fortunately it's not an audible difference, it can only be felt by hand. But I suspect the DX would be close to equal flow out of each pipe for a balanced sound.

But seriously, you're splitting hairs here. I'd bet there's no performance difference on the dyno.

The biggest difference is mild steel versus stainless. The FM will never rust. The Fullsac will rust if the coating is rubbed off (quite likely with hose clamps for the heat shields over time).

Old 06-27-2013, 07:17 PM
'05Train
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 882 Likes on 439 Posts

Originally Posted by JCleary
I have the FM 2-1-2 with the HTC coating and a full size cross-over pipe, mated to 4" Rineharts. I like the setup, but I think if I were to do it again, I'd take a hard look at the Fullsac DX pipe with full size cross-over.

My FM still allows more exhaust out the right than the left. Fortunately it's not an audible difference, it can only be felt by hand. But I suspect the DX would be close to equal flow out of each pipe for a balanced sound.

But seriously, you're splitting hairs here. I'd bet there's no performance difference on the dyno.

The biggest difference is mild steel versus stainless. The FM will never rust. The Fullsac will rust if the coating is rubbed off (quite likely with hose clamps for the heat shields over time).
I've got FuelMoto's full-size crossover on my brandy-new 2:1:2 pipe. There's definitely more flow out of the left side than there was without it (or stock). But I agree with you, there's probably minimal gains until you start moving some serious air with a big-inch motor.

Living in the Northeast, the Fullsac is a non-starter due to the mild steel construction, and by extension FuelMoto/Jackpot's lifetime warranty. I've not dealt with Fullsac, but I can't imagine that anyone tops FuelMoto's service.

Old 04-20-2014, 04:57 PM
jv8969
Novice

Does anyone know how long it is taking to get a set of stainless steel coated head pipes?

Old 09-05-2015, 07:57 PM
JHC210
Club Member
Received 43 Likes on 38 Posts

Wow. I started this thread awhile ago and back asking the same question. I did go with FM header on my 12 SG. Loved it. Now have a 16 SG and looking to see what's new out there. Researching the FS and FM again. Anyone run the FS sportie header?

Old 09-06-2015, 01:59 AM
bagman1
Elite HDF Member
Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts

If you live in Calif. you cant get a Fullsac delivered to you, you will have to drive toAZ or know someone they will ship to. I had Supertrapp 212 with stepped headers, on my stage 4 it made a difference.