Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   Touring Models (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touring-models-11/)
-   -   New Hogtunes NCA 70.2 amp & speakers? ? ? (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touring-models/731776-new-hogtunes-nca-70-2-amp-and-speakers.html)

2011_Glide 02-09-2012 02:45 AM

New Hogtunes NCA 70.2 amp & speakers? ? ?

I was wondering if anyone had the new Hogtunes NCA 70.2 amp and speakers? I was going to buy them on the 15th but not sure what the reviews / problems are on them. It is kindof hard to find stuff out over here in the DIRT....

Thanks for any help..

ElectraGlideSteve 02-09-2012 07:20 AM

I'm also interested in the responses as I am considering the same, so here's a bump for you. :icon_bump1:

Shane: Thank you for your service :icon_patriot:

2011_Glide 02-09-2012 09:07 PM

Your welcome.

fiddledicksr 09-07-2012 03:25 PM

main problem with this system is you can not use hidden antenna's to much RF interference on the FM station, other wise not bad.

Junior in NE 09-07-2012 04:36 PM

I have this installed on my bike. I did have a little radio signal interference, even with the stock antenna, so hogtunes swapped out my amp with the newest version. Everything works great now, sounds good, and is very easy to install. IMO for the money you can't go wrong.

Timmy B 09-07-2012 05:10 PM

Ok, I started with the 3-way for the freeway system. To be honest, for most part it is more than likely ok. However, I found the speakers less than acceptable for loud music and on the highway at 80, I found them less than satisfying. THat being said, I love my tunes LOUD!!! I want to melt my face when I am cruising and take me to that special place. Hog-tunes did not do that for me. In addtion, I had major problems with the amp. THe male and female connectors were loose from the facotry. I had to use a police arrest strap to make sure that power was flowing. On a brand new unit this is not acceptable.
SO, if you dont like face melting and low volume is ok with you. GO with HOG TUNES, if not try something else. Here is what I did:
I have a 2010 FLHTK and put a:
Bagger nation road glide house party system in it plus hogtweets:
2 punch front fairing speakers
2 punch lowers
2 punch tour pack speakers
2 6x9 punch speakers in ther bag lids

1 set of the hog tweets
1 300 watt in the fairing
1 in tht tour box

I had to the have the lowers and custom fit them, but got it done with everthing that needed paint done with OEM Paint.

It melts my face!!!! Just like food, good tunes takes time. Shinny side up!!!

geopac 09-07-2012 05:45 PM

I installed the amp and front speakers about 3 months ago on my 12 SG and there is a definite improvement over stock. I have done 11,000 Kilometres since then and never have had to turn up the volume past half way even at freeway speeds. I usually wear earplugs as well.

For the price and ease of installation I highly recommend as I am picky about my sound. I also just ordered the tweeter pods as I hear they provide an even better sound.

MichiganDave 09-07-2012 06:48 PM

I also have the old by name 3 for the freeway system. Simple install. Going on three years old and zero problems to date. I also added the tweeter pod which IMHO is a must. This will greatly improve the sound you are hearing. Many complain that they are unhappy with the sound when going 80+. I have never had this problem. Mine sounds as good at 80 as it does at 40. I also like my music loud and have not had distortion issues. I will admit that I play 99% of my music through my mp3 player and it does sound much better than when listening to FM stations.

mikebaby 09-07-2012 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by Junior in NE (Post 10303909)
I have this installed on my bike. I did have a little radio signal interference, even with the stock antenna, so hogtunes swapped out my amp with the newest version. Everything works great now, sounds good, and is very easy to install. IMO for the money you can't go wrong.

I had the same experience. They swapped the amp for the revised version and it's much better. They also told me it would be good with a hidden antenna.

mikebaby

floridapoolboy 09-07-2012 07:30 PM

I'm using the Hogtunes 70.2 amp and the tweeter pod, but I went with Polk MM651 speakers and adapter rings. Sounds great at all speeds, and the amp was a simple plug and play, just needed to run power and ground.