Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need opinion on a Ultra Classic for sale..

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2012, 12:41 PM
DXHD $100
Tourer
Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

If you offer them less and they say no way you might want to counter offer by asking for a 1000.00 in store gift card I have been told by more then one Saleman that most dealership have more lead way with the gift cards then mark downs. Then with the gift card you can start down that dust road called the Modification Highway. It look like a pretty good deal go luck let us know what happens.

Old 02-13-2012, 01:19 PM
jay72
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I bought an '09 last spring from an individual. Had similar goodies on it. The bike had 1,104 original miles on it, yep, that's right, 1,104. Gave the man 17K and never haggled a bit. Put a few other trinkets on it to make it mine. I put more miles on it in a week than he did in 2 years. Oh yea, don't be tempted to put your bell on the crossover above the front fender, learn from my mistake, I customized the fender a little too! Be advised there was a recall on the bike for a rear brake light switch replacement. Don't ask, MAKE them bleed to brake system after replacement.

Old 02-13-2012, 01:33 PM
nytryder
Elite HDF Member
Received 296 Likes on 176 Posts

Originally Posted by checkers
Rental bikes are Vivid black, in service 1-2 years and usually have a few "do-dads" added. Point being, if it walks like a duck it's probably a duck. I was suggesting he check the original or previuos owner(s) and if he still wants the bike it may give him a better negotiating position. If it is a rental bike, I wouldnt buy it. For those of you who own a vivid black FLH, I didnt mean to hurt your feelings. I own a black FLH, my favorite color.

Maybe where you live. None of the rentals I've been around were black.

Old 02-13-2012, 01:43 PM
FUBAR55
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Pastor John
It does seem like a fair price given the mileage and age. Bile looks to be in great shape. White Ice picked up on the only visible accessories - about $400.00 or so retail. I'd be inclined to throw out an offer $1k less or so, but if the bike looks as good on the floor as is does in the picture, I'd go for it - that's about $4k less than what you would pay new.
Ditto that.

If they won't meet your price, try to get a few goodies from them.
You know, some chrome, diff. exhaust, service contract etc.
Good Luck.

Old 02-13-2012, 07:00 PM
kwo51
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 67 Likes on 44 Posts

Test ride good and your a had dad. Get HD ESP and ride till it breaks.

Old 02-13-2012, 09:02 PM
zion
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

All great advice guys. But, keep in mind this is a small indie shop/repair place. So the "service", "goodies", "gift card" plan may or may not work. Well service might. I got back there today and gave the bike a good visual once over (couldn't take it out today, for my own reasons not theirs, though). It really is immaculate. I plan on getting it on the road Thursday for the test ride.

Thanks again for all the input, greatly appreciated.

Have a great week.

Old 02-13-2012, 09:19 PM
Nellybelle
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

All great advice guys. But, keep in mind this is a small indie shop/repair place. So the "service", "goodies", "gift card" plan may or may not work. Well service might. I plan on getting it on the road Thursday for the test ride.

Congratulations on your new bike......You're Hooked

Old 02-14-2012, 04:53 AM
PghCycle24
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 2010

Originally Posted by luisan
By looking at the picture of it,looks like a very well kept bike at an honest price,I would try to negotiate a little but if you like the beast by all means buy it.
Lusian makes sense. 10K miles on a 2 year old bike tells me it was owned by a serious rider who put some highway miles on it. I like that it is relatively unmodified. Someone who hasn't been making perfomance modifications to their machine is less likely to have been trying to ride it to see what those modifications a capable of-ergo riding the snot out of it. Make sense? Make a serious offer contingent on having an independent mechanic evaluate the bike. Even if you pay $17,000 for it, that doesn't seem like an unreasonable price for that bike from what I've seen. Keep us posted. I'll check back and hope to see what you end up doing. Or send me an e-mail. Good luck!

Old 02-14-2012, 04:55 AM
PghCycle24
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

P.S. Damn Typos again. I F---ing HATE ANDROID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!

Old 02-14-2012, 06:43 AM
harleyman1340
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Make sure it's a "clean" title and not a "salvage" title. The only bikes that I've seen in that price range and year tend to have a "salvage" title.

Quick Reply: Need opinion on a Ultra Classic for sale..