Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need opinion on a Ultra Classic for sale..

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2012, 07:57 PM
zion
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Need opinion on a Ultra Classic for sale..

Looking for sage advice on the asking price and perhaps what to offer on a 2010 Ultra Classic Electra Glide. Bike Dealer asking $17,599, bike seems to be in great, if not excellent, shape. 10,820 miles. No obvious mods, at least to me. Pic attached (or so I hope, as I'm brand spanking new to the site).

Thanks in advance for any input.

Attached Thumbnails Need opinion on a Ultra Classic for sale..-vp2509098_2_large.jpg  
Old 02-11-2012, 08:03 PM
Oldman Harley
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

From the NADA Book

Average retail 19675.00

Low retail 15725.00

Good Luck

Tim

Old 02-11-2012, 08:05 PM
mkguitar
Extreme HDF Member
Received 394 Likes on 336 Posts

welcome to the forums.

the 2010 Ultra is a great bike, pricing seems good.

without knowing your past experience, needs, wants, desires it is difficult to expand on that

mike

Old 02-11-2012, 08:07 PM
rkoivisto
Road Warrior
Received 80 Likes on 38 Posts
Default Ultra

It strikes me as a reasonable price from a dealer. I'd offer 1K less. They can give a little and you can give a little. Maybe come to terms at 17K or so.

Old 02-11-2012, 08:11 PM
checkers
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 273 Likes on 237 Posts

Originally Posted by zion
Looking for sage advice on the asking price and perhaps what to offer on a 2010 Ultra Classic Electra Glide. Bike Dealer asking $17,599, bike seems to be in great, if not excellent, shape. 10,820 miles. No obvious mods, at least to me. Pic attached (or so I hope, as I'm brand spanking new to the site).

Thanks in advance for any input.
Looks like a rental fleet turn in, check previuos history/owner. If no trade involved, I would offer $16000 + TTF, they may take it.

Old 02-11-2012, 08:24 PM
zion
Tourer

Well so far so good on all of your input, thanks. I did look at the KBB on it and NADA, but I wanted to hear from some folks other than a book.

Good point on the rental fleet, possible, but this is an indie dealer so I'll have to check on that.

As for my experience, I'd be jumping up from a Sporty. So I plan on outfitting it with a quick release for the tour pack to slim it down when I don't need it. I also have trained with my local LEO dept. on Road Kings, so the size jump isn't a concern for me. I've been riding on and off 20 plus years. Just want a bigger ride so my wife will be more comfortable.

Thanks again, for the input so far.

Old 02-11-2012, 11:08 PM
TSD
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bike looks great, if you like it dont haggle on that price too long, someone else may ****** it away, GO FOR IT!!!!!

Old 02-11-2012, 11:16 PM
White Ice
Stellar HDF Member
Received 398 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by checkers
Looks like a rental fleet turn in, check previuos history/owner. If no trade involved, I would offer $16000 + TTF, they may take it.
What does a rental bike look like? Someone has added a few chrome bits to this one - front signal trim rings, premium luggage rack, & chrome trim around the tourpak tail lights.

Old 02-12-2012, 05:47 AM
Pastor John
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

It does seem like a fair price given the mileage and age. Bile looks to be in great shape. White Ice picked up on the only visible accessories - about $400.00 or so retail. I'd be inclined to throw out an offer $1k less or so, but if the bike looks as good on the floor as is does in the picture, I'd go for it - that's about $4k less than what you would pay new.

Old 02-12-2012, 10:12 AM
zion
Tourer

Originally Posted by White Ice
What does a rental bike look like? Someone has added a few chrome bits to this one - front signal trim rings, premium luggage rack, & chrome trim around the tourpak tail lights.
Good catch White Ice. See that's why I asked in the first place. I didn't even think about the trim add ons.

I scanned the local HD dealer's site and looked at what they had on hand that's comparable, two were double the mileage and they're asking over 19k and they had a straight up Classic asking over 18k and 5k more miles. All with nothing extra than perhaps upgraded paint. So with that in mind and everyone's input, this is looking like a good possibility.

I'm going to go in tomorrow (they're closed today) and give it a good once over and a test ride...

Last edited by zion; 02-12-2012 at 10:24 AM.

Quick Reply: Need opinion on a Ultra Classic for sale..