Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

26 inch wheel Streetglide build pics

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2012, 10:43 PM
robsautocycles
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lifetimelifter-ya stock calipers
Northiowa flhtc-no I didnt think to take any pics, what i did was cut the fairing about 3 inches behind the headlight bucket, but not all the way through the fairing ,I left about an inch on both sides of the bottom of the fairing. pulled the bucket out 1.75 inches so it looked like I pied it.I figured out thats the max you can go before the holes dont line up for the botom fairing bolts.

Old 02-14-2012, 04:52 AM
BadX
Elite HDF Member
Received 88 Likes on 49 Posts

Looks sweet and welcome to the 26 club

Old 02-14-2012, 01:09 PM
customrydes
Advanced

Looks bitchin, I am waiting on the PYO trees and neck kit myself to install on my 06 street glide. Hopefully they will be here this week and I can get started. The guys you know who haven't done any mods to their fairing, are they having any issues with headlight angle? I am debating on sending mine to yaffe to do the exchange. I am just not much of a fiberglass guy, and don't want to tackle that job. Did you add 2" longer forks to your or leave them stock length?

Thanks

Old 02-14-2012, 01:22 PM
bigskyhd
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 50 Likes on 5 Posts

Very nicely done! It looks great. How does it handle? I'd love to see it in person.

Old 02-14-2012, 10:34 PM
robsautocycles
Novice

Originally Posted by customrydes
Looks bitchin, I am waiting on the PYO trees and neck kit myself to install on my 06 street glide. Hopefully they will be here this week and I can get started. The guys you know who haven't done any mods to their fairing, are they having any issues with headlight angle? I am debating on sending mine to yaffe to do the exchange. I am just not much of a fiberglass guy, and don't want to tackle that job. Did you add 2" longer forks to your or leave them stock length?

Thanks
No issues, there is enough adjustment in the headlight to get it to work, then you install a extended head light trim ring. ya I debated doin the same thing with the yaffe fairing or a sinister just to save some time, but im glad i stretched it, now i have some crazy ideas i want to try on the next one. I used the stock tubes with the extensions that come in the kit and changed the fork oil to se heavy. Im going to do some playing around with the front springs and oil to see what i can make ride the best.Ive only been able to put about 15 miles on it last week when it was in the 40s hear, now ive got the motor torn apart, it road good def stiffer in the front end and not as much dive, as far as handling goes, very similar to stock.

Old 02-18-2012, 10:20 AM
pit1600
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

sweeeeet, i like it a lot

Old 02-18-2012, 02:08 PM
robsautocycles
Novice

Thanks everyone, just started the motor work last night.

Attached Thumbnails 26 inch wheel Streetglide build pics-motor.jpg  
Old 03-01-2012, 07:53 AM
customrydes
Advanced

Got the neck kit welded on and going to repaint this weekend and assemble the trees. Wheel will be here on friday so I will be able to mount the front fender and get it ready to go to paint. The one question that I had for ya is those extensions that came with the neck kit. Do those sit on the bottom of the fork tubes inside the sliderand run the bolt through the slider and into the bottom of the fork tube? Also did you discard the original cap that is on the bottom of the fork tube inside the slider or just mate the extension up to it. Thanks

Old 03-01-2012, 11:44 AM
Mathnerd
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Not my cup of tea but I can sure appreciate the amount of work and skill it takes to make these kinds of mods.
Even though I would not choose this look for my bike I am glad there are folks out there doing this and keeping innovation alive.
Nice job.

Old 03-01-2012, 12:17 PM
JokerJ13
Cruiser

That's a nasty looking bike.....in a very good way!

Quick Reply: 26 inch wheel Streetglide build pics