Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

love jug cooling fan?

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2017, 06:01 PM
Zoider
Grand HDF Member

Received 3,600 Likes on 2,109 Posts

I had a chance to go for a ride this afternoon, me on my '15 Heritage with the big bore kit and LJ Mighty Mites and my wife on her '09 Crossbones with a 103 motor and no EITMS. My phone said the city temperature was 97 degrees.

I kept the fans off for the first 10 miles of highway and first bit of stop-and-go city traffic. It didn't take long for the EITMS to kick in and I turned the fans on at that light. About six blocks later at the next light the EITMS did not kick in and it didn't kick in again the rest of the ride.

We stopped at a friends shop about a mile later and he used an infrared thermometer to measure our head temperature on the front cylinder just ahead of the spark plug. My heads were 230 degrees and my wife's were 310 degrees.

It's not very scientific but I'm very happy with the initial performance. I'm now curious about the performance over time, how long the fans will last and if the mild vibration causes any problems.

Old 07-16-2017, 12:25 PM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor
Received 3,940 Likes on 2,295 Posts

We've done quite a bit of testing with the Love Jugs Fans (346-800-7946).

We tested both the Cool-Master and the Mighty-Mite.

We tested on Air-cooled and Twin-Cooled, both on 2 wheelers and Trikes.

All the tests results were very similar. Below are the results for an Air-Cooled Twin Cam 2 wheeler.

This particular Twin Cam already had many of the cooling components outlined in this REPORT installed, so the temps already were much lower than a factory Twin Cam.

However, as you can see in the Love Jugs test results below, the fans were effective in providing significant additional cooling.

There were 5 different tests with each fan type.

The first two tests were a combo, showing what the temperatures got to with the fans off, then showing what the temps cooled down to once the fans were turned on.

All tests were conducted the same day, same gas, same roads, same speed, same wind conditions. On all but the last test, variables were 99% eliminated, to give us a true comparison.

On the last test, stop-n-go traffic, it was impossible to keep the variables even close, thus the slight variance in results.

We are not selling these, but we do recommend them as one of the components in an overall strategy of taming the heat on both the Twin Cam and Milwaukee-Eight. You can see our complete Report on why and how to Cool down your ride HERE.

If you do choose to use the Cool-Master or Mighty-Mite, we recommend you get them at www.buylovejugs.com or call them at this number- (346-800-7946), mention that we referred you, & they'll put a little something extra in your package for you.

Name:  Love%20Jugs%20Temp%20Comparison_zpskvpdpwsk.jpg
Views: 407
Size:  61.9 KB

Key to the above chart:

Amb= Ambient Temperature at the time of the testing
CHT= The front cylinder head temperature as measured by the OEM factory sensor, and displayed on the Power Vision as ET
FC= Temperature measured with a heat gun, directly behind the spark plug on the Front Cylinder
RC= Temperature measured with a heat gun, directly behind the spark plug on the Front Cylinder

DKCustomProducts.com
Call/Text: 662-252-8828
Email: Support@DKCustomProducts.com

Last edited by DK Custom; 07-21-2017 at 10:20 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by DK Custom:
Budda109 (07-16-2017), RandyL (07-16-2017)
Old 07-16-2017, 02:27 PM
hscic
Elite HDF Member
Received 544 Likes on 463 Posts

Originally Posted by DK Custom
We've done quite a bit of testing with the Love Jugs Fans (346-800-7946).

We tested both the Cool-Master and the Mighty-Mite.

We tested on Air-cooled and Twin-Cooled, both on 2 wheelers and Trikes.

All the tests results were very similar. Below are the results for an Air-Cooled Twin Cam 2 wheeler.

This particular Twin Cam already had many of the cooling components outlined in this REPORT installed, so the temps already were much lower than a factory Twin Cam.

However, as you can see in the Love Jugs test results below, the fans were effective in providing significant additional cooling.

There were 5 different tests with each fan type.

The first two tests were a combo, showing what the temperatures got to with the fans off, then showing what the temps cooled down to once the fans were turned on.

All tests were conducted the same day, same gas, same roads, same speed, same wind conditions. On all but the last test, variables were 99% eliminated, to give us a true comparison.

On the last test, stop-n-go traffic, it was impossible to keep the variables even close, thus the slight variance in results.

We are not selling these (nor receiving any referral fee), but we do recommend them as one of the components in an overall strategy of taming the heat on both the Twin Cam and Milwaukee-Eight. You can see our complete Report on why and how to Cool down your ride HERE.

If you do choose to use the Cool-Master or Mighty-Mite, we recommend you get them at www.buylovejugs.com or call them at this number- (346-800-7946), mention that we referred you, & they'll put a little something extra in your package for you.

Key to the above chart:

Amb= Ambient Temperature at the time of the testing
CHT= The front cylinder head temperature as measured by the OEM factory sensor, and displayed on the Power Vision as ET
FC= Temperature measured with a heat gun, directly behind the spark plug on the Front Cylinder
RC= Temperature measured with a heat gun, directly behind the spark plug on the Front Cylinder
Nice test...consistent variables. Good comparison. Works extremely well for me especially in daily stop and go traffic which is when the heat really rises without a fan.

Last edited by hscic; 07-17-2017 at 10:14 AM.
Old 07-17-2017, 01:35 PM
cjdyna
Advanced
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

So DK customs when I ordered my mighty mites they didn't know what you were referring to with "mention that we referred you, & they'll put a little something extra in your package for you." I'm thinking that was tongue in cheek?

Old 07-18-2017, 07:46 AM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor

Originally Posted by cjdyna
So DK customs when I ordered my mighty mites they didn't know what you were referring to with "mention that we referred you, & they'll put a little something extra in your package for you." I'm thinking that was tongue in cheek?
No, that is because you did not go to BuyLoveJugs to order them. You went to a different website/phone number.

We only have an arrangement with buylovejugs.com at this phone # (346-800-7946) to get a little something extra when you order your Love Jugs.

Kevin

Last edited by DK Custom; 07-21-2017 at 10:17 AM.
Old 07-18-2017, 01:10 PM
cjdyna
Advanced
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

so buylovejugs.com and lovejugs.com are two different companies? You certainly can't tell by the web sites.
On a more important note anyone have experience with using the vibration master mount? I install my mighty mites on my FXDC over the weekend and don't have a lot of vibration issues (yet) but wondering if the mount is worth the extra $$ to prevent future issues.

Last edited by cjdyna; 07-18-2017 at 01:15 PM.
Old 07-18-2017, 01:39 PM
RANGER73
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 5,922 Likes on 3,022 Posts

Will this fit with a Mini Beast horn and the switches for the Shotgun Shocks?

Old 07-18-2017, 02:45 PM
golfblues
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,434 Likes on 874 Posts

Originally Posted by RANGER73
Will this fit with a Mini Beast horn and the switches for the Shotgun Shocks?
I gave up the MB2 as it really doesn't fit with the fans. It was one or the other and I chose the fans and it was the right choice.

Old 07-18-2017, 05:30 PM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor

Originally Posted by cjdyna
so buylovejugs.com and lovejugs.com are two different companies? You certainly can't tell by the web sites.
On a more important note anyone have experience with using the vibration master mount? I install my mighty mites on my FXDC over the weekend and don't have a lot of vibration issues (yet) but wondering if the mount is worth the extra $$ to prevent future issues.
Yes, they are.

Call 346-800-7946 and they will be able to answer your questions on the mounts.

Old 07-18-2017, 06:12 PM
Roadtwister
Cruiser
Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by DK Custom
No, that is because you did not go to buylovejugs.com to order them. You went to a different website/phone number.

We only have an arrangement with buylovejugs.com at this phone # (346-800-7946) to get a little something extra when you order your Love Jugs.

Kevin
Just placed my order for the MM in black...! thanks for the test you did above on LJ, it helped me chose which one to go with.....& I'li be getting the "little-Thingy" in the package with the order, you suggested to ask for...

The following users liked this post:
DK Custom (07-19-2017)

Quick Reply: love jug cooling fan?