Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

love jug cooling fan?

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2017, 06:27 PM
RANGER73
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 5,907 Likes on 3,015 Posts

Originally Posted by golfblues
I gave up the MB2 as it really doesn't fit with the fans. It was one or the other and I chose the fans and it was the right choice.
I see there's 2 types, A fancy one and a smaller one with a wider space between the fans.
The fancy one looks tight, but the other one looks like it might work.
Yes/No/Maybe?

Old 07-18-2017, 06:36 PM
golfblues
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,434 Likes on 874 Posts

Originally Posted by RANGER73
I see there's 2 types, A fancy one and a smaller one with a wider space between the fans.
The fancy one looks tight, but the other one looks like it might work.
Yes/No/Maybe?
The mounting brackets on a Mini Beast just don't line up with the rubber mount for the horn. You'd have to drop the mini beasts down about 3 or 4 inches with a straight bracket and mount it much lower and to me it looks ridiculous there.

Last edited by golfblues; 07-18-2017 at 08:20 PM.
Old 07-18-2017, 07:19 PM
RANGER73
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 5,907 Likes on 3,015 Posts

The mounting brackets on a Mini Beast just don't line up with the rubber mount for the horn. You'd have to drop the mini beasts down about 3 or 4 inches with a straight bracket ad mount it much lower and to me it looks ridiculous there
got it, that sucks. Thanks

Old 07-18-2017, 09:29 PM
hscic
Elite HDF Member
Received 544 Likes on 463 Posts

The mounting brackets on a Mini Beast just don't line up with the rubber mount for the horn. You'd have to drop the mini beasts down about 3 or 4 inches with a straight bracket and mount it much lower and to me it looks ridiculous there.
I customized my mounting bracket to fit my wolo horn. Now I have the newer HD horn. Both fit fine. Not sure of the dimensions of the MB2 horn but just sharing in the event you can make it work.

You can check this thread for info...
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/gener...ing-fan-2.html

Old 07-19-2017, 05:46 AM
golfblues
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by hscic
I customized my mounting bracket to fit my wolo horn. Now I have the newer HD horn. Both fit fine. Not sure of the dimensions of the MB2 horn but just sharing in the event you can make it work.

You can check this thread for info...
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/gener...ing-fan-2.html
Installing with the wolo is totally different than installing the mini beast, which is a wolo with a cover on it. The wolo is mounted inside the cover and has a different bracket system to mount to the rubber stud. And honestly I'm not a fan of the way The Wolo looks on the bike. I originally did it that way years ago but the plastic on the wolo wears off and scratches easily.

Old 07-19-2017, 10:14 AM
hscic
Elite HDF Member

Installing with the wolo is totally different than installing the mini beast, which is a wolo with a cover on it. The wolo is mounted inside the cover and has a different bracket system to mount to the rubber stud. And honestly I'm not a fan of the way The Wolo looks on the bike. I originally did it that way years ago but the plastic on the wolo wears off and scratches easily.
Thanks for the explanation of the MB horn.

I hate anything plastic so I removed the wolo although mine was still in excellent condition. Installed a HD loud side mount horn and 2017 touring horn cover....very loud, comparable to the wolo but much better looking.

Old 07-19-2017, 11:03 AM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor
Received 3,931 Likes on 2,288 Posts

Regarding Mini-Beast horns, there are some Love Jug Customers that have used the MB with the LJ's. Give BuyLoveJugs.com an email or a call at (346-800-7946) and they will be able to give you some options.

DKCustomProducts.com
Call/Text: 662-252-8828
Email: Support@DKCustomProducts.com

Last edited by DK Custom; 07-21-2017 at 10:15 AM.
Old 07-19-2017, 03:56 PM
cjdyna
Advanced
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Thanks HSCIC. Are you happy with the loudness of the newer loud horn replacement ? I installed my mini beast with the mighty mites but I'm not really happy with the look. Prefer a cleaner line like yours. thanks

Old 07-19-2017, 09:52 PM
hscic
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by cjdyna
Thanks HSCIC. Are you happy with the loudness of the newer loud horn replacement ? I installed my mini beast with the mighty mites but I'm not really happy with the look. Prefer a cleaner line like yours. thanks
They are surprisingly very loud....louder than I expected. IMO comparable to the bad boy wolo air horn. Perhaps I need a sound vid of the horn....if I do, I will post on my love jugs thread.

Check out this thread - post #52 for vid of horn
Deleted sound vid - did not even sound like the horn and did not do it justice.

Last edited by hscic; 07-22-2017 at 10:37 PM.
Old 07-20-2017, 07:20 AM
golfblues
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by hscic
They are surprisingly very loud....louder than I expected. IMO comparable to the bad boy wolo air horn. Perhaps I need a sound vid of the horn....if I do, I will post on my love jugs thread.

Check out this thread - post #52 for vid of horn
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/gener...ing-fan-6.html
It's not even close to the loudness of the wolo, minibeasts, stebel Air horns. If you think they are the same then you Wolo was not hooked up properly with a relay because it is much much louder.

Quick Reply: love jug cooling fan?