Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

love jug cooling fan?

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2017, 09:33 AM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor
Received 3,960 Likes on 2,308 Posts

I have the Wolo on my Softail...rarely use it, but it's loud...sounds good too with the dual tone.

Last night I did have to use it as a car was pulling into my lane on the interstate...they heard it and jerked back into their lane (I had already moved out of the way in case they did continue with their ignorant driving)

Mine is mounted down in front of my saddlebag, I have the fans and the coil where the horn normally is.

Name:  Left%20Side_zpskoferm7o.jpg
Views: 734
Size:  427.7 KB

Gear Up & Ride in! DK Custom 4th Annual Open House, June 8th. 🏍️ Click HERE For The Lowdown.

DKCustomProducts.com
Call/Text: 662-252-8828
Email: Support@DKCustomProducts.com

Old 07-20-2017, 10:01 AM
hscic
Elite HDF Member
Received 544 Likes on 463 Posts

Originally Posted by golfblues
It's not even close to the loudness of the wolo, minibeasts, stebel Air horns. If you think they are the same then you Wolo was not hooked up properly with a relay because it is much much louder.
I was using a relay with the wolo and using the same hook up with the HD horn...the only difference is the horn. The difference is Wolo is a dual tone air horn, but in my opinion comparable in terms of decibels with the human ear.....then again, perhaps I am just hard of hearing haha. Check out the sound vid of the HD horn just to get an idea the loudness.

Last edited by hscic; 07-20-2017 at 10:13 AM.
Old 07-20-2017, 11:34 AM
golfblues
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,435 Likes on 875 Posts

Originally Posted by hscic
I was using a relay with the wolo and using the same hook up with the HD horn...the only difference is the horn. The difference is Wolo is a dual tone air horn, but in my opinion comparable in terms of decibels with the human ear.....then again, perhaps I am just hard of hearing haha. Check out the sound vid of the HD horn just to get an idea the loudness.
I have the HD on the Heritage and a Minibeast on the Standard. No comparison. Minibeast by 20 lengths

Old 07-20-2017, 11:44 AM
Just Me
Road Warrior
Received 88 Likes on 75 Posts

Well there you have it folks, buy yourselfs one of these horns and you can all put quiet mufflers back on your scoot. Loud horns saves lives!

Old 07-20-2017, 11:47 PM
hscic
Elite HDF Member

Perhaps the MB is superloud...but I probably used my horn once to say hello to someone...lol. I have loud pipes and rev to warn drivers.

Old 08-11-2017, 10:22 AM
hscic
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by YOCKOMO
Not really THAT hot in Quebec Canada but bought the Love Jugs anyways. After installing( hours, ruined horn mount, ruined horn, sweat, labour, lost time and money!) they burned my thigh as the hot air pushed to the other side of the engine was just there...burning me. Tried to give them back but no response until the editor of a magazine got involved. Even so, the expense for postage and replacement of horn etc. were not even considered. Chuck them over the guard rail or better yet stay FAR FAR AWAY from this product and company..
I use mine everyday in stop and go traffic and have never burnt my leg....I wear riding jeans. What do you wear....shorts?

I do not understand why it took hours to install and ended up with a ruined mount and horn....please explain. Installing the fan is like installing a horn....install it on a mount, find a power source and ground....and it's all good.

Old 08-12-2017, 07:26 AM
Just Me
Road Warrior
Received 88 Likes on 75 Posts

LOL, electric barbecue starter, that alone says a lot of why you had such a hard time.
I think you should stay away from any kind of tools!
I do agree that a hot right leg is what happens with any of these cooling fans but not burning. My fan burned up and to tell you the truth, I don't miss it one bit.