Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finally!!! CFRs, Cobra Head Pipe, Big Sucker AND PV!

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2012, 09:03 PM
ernster500
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Finally!!! CFRs, Cobra Head Pipe, Big Sucker AND PV!

Finally got my Stage I done and all I can say is, "HOLY ****!!! This set-up sounds and feels damn amazing!

Here is what I went with:

Cobra Power Port Dual Head Pipe
CFR Slip Ons
Arlen Ness Big Sucker Derby
Power Vision

The sound is so deep it's unlike any other pipe I've ever heard. ALL the sound clips and videos I've found and listened to do not do these pipes justice. The volume seems just about right. If you keep the RPMs down, it is very mellow. But, the second you open her up, she screams like a big block chevy scorching down the 1/4 mile.

The combo seems to have woken up the bike and it feels like it is pulling harder than it did stock through the low and mid-range power band. I am getting a little bit of a pop on decel every now and then, but, it seems to be only one every so often. I'll probably be looking to fine tune the map later on.

Thanks to Fuel Moto for hooking me up with the PV and map and to directharleyparts.com for hooking me up with the parts for my project.

Here are a few pics of the new look!

I am going to try to get some video/sound clips this coming weekend.

E

Old 05-08-2012, 09:12 PM
Keithhu
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,364 Likes on 2,619 Posts

Looking good bruddah

Old 05-08-2012, 09:22 PM
fame2
Road Master
Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts

very nice bike bro...i just ordered a set a CFR's with the V&H dresser duals...thanks for posting this up man...cant wait till i get some time to put them on

Old 05-08-2012, 09:33 PM
jamminjimmi
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I love the sound of my CFR's and V&H dresser duals, and the fact that I was the 1st to have this combo! Damn near impossible to be the first of anything with a Harley, I called up Kim at CFR and requested the combo and she said they were the first black with chrome fluted pipes they had done. I got it to go with my whole contrast cut look

Old 05-08-2012, 09:41 PM
jamminjimmi
Tourer

Originally Posted by ernster500
Finally got my Stage I done and all I can say is, "HOLY ****!!! This set-up sounds and feels damn amazing!

Here is what I went with:

Cobra Power Port Dual Head Pipe
CFR Slip Ons
Arlen Ness Big Sucker Derby
Power Vision

The sound is so deep it's unlike any other pipe I've ever heard. ALL the sound clips and videos I've found and listened to do not do these pipes justice. The volume seems just about right. If you keep the RPMs down, it is very mellow. But, the second you open her up, she screams like a big block chevy scorching down the 1/4 mile.

The combo seems to have woken up the bike and it feels like it is pulling harder than it did stock through the low and mid-range power band. I am getting a little bit of a pop on decel every now and then, but, it seems to be only one every so often. I'll probably be looking to fine tune the map later on.

Thanks to Fuel Moto for hooking me up with the PV and map and to directharleyparts.com for hooking me up with the parts for my project.

Here are a few pics of the new look!

I am going to try to get some video/sound clips this coming weekend.

E
Yeah Direct Harley Parts isn't the most organized but the price couldn't be beat, let's just see how long my RSD Platinum Domino wheel with matching 13" rotor take to get here… I contacted Kim at CFR and she told me to call DHP and tell them they would do the combo without any issues, DHP didn't charge any extra for the fluted tip like the other dealers were charging for the fluted tips. I paid around $589 and the pipes were drop shipped to me from CFR within a week!

Old 05-11-2012, 07:12 PM
Fire-Medic
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jamminjimmi
I love the sound of my CFR's and V&H dresser duals, and the fact that I was the 1st to have this combo! Damn near impossible to be the first of anything with a Harley, I called up Kim at CFR and requested the combo and she said they were the first black with chrome fluted pipes they had done. I got it to go with my whole contrast cut look
That looks sick man, can we get a side shot from the right side, maybe a sound clip?

Thanks

Old 05-11-2012, 08:32 PM
jamminjimmi
Tourer

Thanks for the compliment Brother!

Old 05-11-2012, 08:35 PM
Fire-Medic
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Old 05-11-2012, 08:53 PM
JetD
Road Captain
Default NICE Pix All

Bikes both look good -- congrats.
As the OP said, you cannot get sound clips that do justice to the live sound... I've never heard a clip that sounds like the live CFRs.
I agree, they are the best sounding exhaust I've ever heard.

I'd put 'em on, but the three dyno tuners with whom I am associated and trust all have told me they are a bear to tune correctly. And I've spoken with several riders who have them and had that experience as well.

Don't get me wrong, I'm in no way bad-mouthing them, they sound the best to my ears. What is curious to me is that they are produced by a 'racer' ... and I'm told they're difficult to tune properly?!? I don't get it.

Old 05-11-2012, 09:11 PM
fenderzig
Road Master

Looks great! I really like the CFRs...

Quick Reply: Finally!!! CFRs, Cobra Head Pipe, Big Sucker AND PV!