Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Black Ultra Fork Wind Deflectors ....Fantastic

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2017, 11:16 AM
Strazzman
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Love these wind deflectors!

I purchased wind deflectors from JESCustomAccents last week for my 2014 Triglide Ultra Classic. I don't know why, but ever since I bought the bike, I've had problems with head buffering and if it rained, water would travel over the lowers (carried by the wind), up my arm and inside my helmet shield. It would get so bad that I would have to pull over and wait until the roads dried up....not good on a long trip!

I spoke with Joseph a couple of times on the phone but I was still a little skeptical that they would correct the problem but I still purchased them. When they arrived, I only installed one of the deflectors and then took a test ride. Immediately, I could tell the difference between the two sides so I knew they were going to correct the head buffering problem. However, I still didn't know how they would perform in the rain so I waited until we had a rainy day and then I would give them either a thumbs up or a thumbs down...well it's definitely a thumbs up. It's reduced the head buffering and eliminated the rain on the inside of my shield. I'm very happy with them. Thanks Joseph.

Old 02-06-2018, 07:21 PM
harleybob815
Supporter
Received 37 Likes on 28 Posts

Im definitely going to get these and I appreciate all of the comments regarding wind issues. Can anyone comment on using these with or without the batwing deflectors. I'd rather do an "either or" if possible.

Old 02-07-2018, 02:46 AM
davewear
Road Warrior
Received 195 Likes on 134 Posts

Originally Posted by harleybob815
Im definitely going to get these and I appreciate all of the comments regarding wind issues. Can anyone comment on using these with or without the batwing deflectors. I'd rather do an "either or" if possible.
I have the fangs, no deflectors. I’m good.

Old 02-07-2018, 06:21 AM
Strazzman
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by harleybob815
I have both now and have not really had the lowers long enough to comment except to say the batwing deflectors help to redirect the wind especially in the summer. I don't think I would be happy without both.

Old 03-30-2018, 07:16 AM
sfcmo357
Road Warrior
Received 152 Likes on 60 Posts

I followed the instructions on how to cut/modify them. The instructions were perfect. I used to have them on my SG with lowers and they worked great....but added right side heat. I thought having a wet head, I would have less right side heat with them. Well, they worked great on my 17 Limited....reduced the buffeting with my Shoei Neotec at that 70 mph spot.......however, after 4 days of testing, I took them off yesterday. I removed my Cat last month and noticed a huge heat reduction....well, the fork deflectors made me feel like I had 2 Cats. Yes, it was bearable, but at only 80 degrees yesterday ........I can't imagine 90 degrees with them. I'll use them for winter months. Took them off, went back on a ride and enjoyed the catless headers with zero heat. Miami/Key West ....here I come. I'll just put a scarf on under my helmet, tighten it more and just deal with the occasional 70+ mild shake with the Shoei. If it gets to be too much, I'll throw my 1/2 helmet on which is smooth sailing at any speed. BTW, I have a 8, 9, 10" LRS and tested the fork deflectors with all three shields. Didn't feel like testing with my 8.5 KW

Last edited by sfcmo357; 03-30-2018 at 07:17 AM.