Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rear Wheel abs wire routing

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2018, 09:10 AM
multihdrdr
Club Member
Received 2,232 Likes on 1,810 Posts

Originally Posted by Muzza WA
Sorry to raise up an old thread, but I was hoping someone might be able to help me out. I was installing a rear brake caliper cover on my 2016 Fatboy Lo and I noticed that the rear Wheel Speed Sensor cable, which is bundled with the brake fluid cable up to the brake caliper, then travels under the swing arm to the sensor, but it hangs under the swing arm and I’m concerned that it’s exposed and could be damaged. I never moved it in any way so I’m wondering if it’s been installed correctly or......I checked the routing on my wife’s 2012 Fatboy Lo and it’s very different, hers somehow gets routed between the caliper and the swing arm and seems to be safely tucked away. The only way for me to imitate her routing would be to loosen off and possibly remove the rear wheel! If someone could post a picture or two of the routing of the same cable on their bike I would be most appreciative. Thank you (I have searched all the forums and the internet as well as my workshop manual and this was the only thread I could find!)
Your question warrants a NEW Thread in the Softail Section (Or Brake section)

The following users liked this post:
Muzza WA (05-17-2018)
Old 05-17-2018, 10:29 AM
Muzza WA
Intermediate
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by multihdrdr
Your question warrants a NEW Thread in the Softail Section (Or Brake section)
I’ve moved it to the softail section, but I am unable to delete my post!

Old 05-31-2019, 07:15 PM
Ted Shredz
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was wondering about the routing of the sensor wire, too. I took everything apart including separating the brake caliper and mount to have a close look at how things might fit together. It makes sense to follow the brake line when routing the wire. The sensor only fits on one way and the wire boot on the sensor nests into a recess on the underside of the brake mount just in front of the axle boss. Use a temporary zap strap to keep the wire in position on the brake mount until you find the fit. Cut it off afterwards.