Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rear Wheel abs wire routing

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2012, 10:51 PM
r_ham
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Rear Wheel abs wire routing

Hi everyone I just wondered if anyone can help with a picture of where the abs wire goes as I just put my rear wheel together and the abs wire looks real tight. It is currently running above the swiing arm and by the caliper bolts. 2010 Electra Glide Classic.
Thanks

Old 03-08-2012, 11:37 AM
r_ham
Intermediate
Default help

Could anyone with an abs bike at least confirm it is above the swing arm.

Old 03-08-2012, 11:41 AM
Spur56
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It runs with the brake line above the swingarm. Be sure the sensor is rotated up until the little tit hits the caliper bracket.

Old 03-08-2012, 12:11 PM
r_ham
Intermediate
Default thnx Spur

Yes something is not right as it rotates to a stop at the top of the brake caliper but not on the nipple that is sticking out. and it seems to be rubbing on the brake caliper. I looked on line but did not see any diagrams. I will have to make the trip into town I guess.
Thanks for the response.

Old 03-08-2012, 12:29 PM
Spur56
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Make sure the sensor is oriented correctly. The connection wire to the sensor comes in at about a 60 degree angle, make sure that is pointing toward the wheel. If not it will bind against the caliper support. If I remember right the wire runs through an opening between the caliper and the support and then along the brake line. At work and don't have the bike in front of me. Should be plenty of slack in though if it is running right. It runs throuhg the clip on the swingarm the the brake line is running through and it has a small clip to attach it to the brake line close to the caliper. I believe the owners manual says the little clip should be 1.25 inches in front of the metal fitting on the brake line going to the banjo. Hope that helps

Old 03-08-2012, 12:36 PM
vtwinhd59
Tourer

Do a search for it on the forum. A few months ago I had the same question. Someone posted a photo that helped.

Old 03-08-2012, 12:48 PM
bdp
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Got mine right here, get me a number and I'll text ypu some pics

Old 03-08-2012, 11:05 PM
r_ham
Intermediate
Default Thanks again

Thanks for the responses I do not have text here bdp, but I would appreciate it if you can post it. I will look up your posts vtwin but I actually did do a search and came up with nothing. Spur 56 soounds like I have it oriented wrong as I have it angled to the outside, from the wheel, where the wire enters the sensor. I just returned from work and will try early tommorrow morning.
Thanks again for all the help.

Old 03-09-2012, 09:40 AM
r_ham
Intermediate
Default Got it!

Thanks everyone I guess I had it right the first time. I thought that it was wierd that there was some movement in the direction of the wheel rotation. Anyhow we just need some nice weather now. Thanks again for the help.

Old 05-17-2018, 01:04 AM
Muzza WA
Intermediate
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Sorry to raise up an old thread, but I was hoping someone might be able to help me out. I was installing a rear brake caliper cover on my 2016 Fatboy Lo and I noticed that the rear Wheel Speed Sensor cable, which is bundled with the brake fluid cable up to the brake caliper, then travels under the swing arm to the sensor, but it hangs under the swing arm and I’m concerned that it’s exposed and could be damaged. I never moved it in any way so I’m wondering if it’s been installed correctly or......I checked the routing on my wife’s 2012 Fatboy Lo and it’s very different, hers somehow gets routed between the caliper and the swing arm and seems to be safely tucked away. The only way for me to imitate her routing would be to loosen off and possibly remove the rear wheel! If someone could post a picture or two of the routing of the same cable on their bike I would be most appreciative. Thank you (I have searched all the forums and the internet as well as my workshop manual and this was the only thread I could find!)

Quick Reply: Rear Wheel abs wire routing